Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint/Ceramic/Wheels/Calipers Painted/Badges Painted, oh MY!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MY LR AWD MSM/Black, w/Tow on 08/13. I’m so impressed with this car. I coming from a 2017 Chevrolet Bolt and, while I loved that car (My MY’s name is “Son of a Bolt” in homage haha!!), the MY is in another league. Wow.

I wanted to treat the SOB right, so I dropped it off at Corsa Motorsport in Huntington Beach on Monday for:

- Tint (70% windshield & rear, 35% front)
- Paint correction/ceramic coat
- Glass polish/ceramic coat
- Caliper paint
- Aftermarket Wheels
- Satin black emblems.

Got my first update photo today...cut/polished and waiting for the calipers. Might be ready Friday!!

We had Corsa do paint correction/ceramic coat/glass polish/tint on my Wife’s Red/White MY about three weeks ago and it came out great. Love the “one-stop-shop” aspect.

Anderson @ Corsa has been helping us out and he’s great to work with. I love that the shop is clean, neat, and really busy. I figure they’re busy for a reason, haha!! So many high-end cars in there. Lots of eye candy.

If anyone is interested, I’ll have more photos this week!!

D84F8945-19C4-42B4-AF2B-1F4D460C4868.jpeg

Cool. And I see you're in LA... if you payed more than $250 for them to paint your calipers you got jipped!

i have paid someone $900 to paint my calipers. Never had issues of paint peel or crack even after numerous track days. I also paid someone $650 to paint my calipers but I brought them brand new brembo gt. Least I paid was $350 and person painted while the calipers were on the car. Two track days later, paint cracked. $250 sounds like a deal if its done properly off the car and comes with lifetime warranty.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mightybhwk
That looks awesome. Though, one thing maybe to ask, instead of ceramic coating, see if they do graphene coating. It's supposed to last way longer, and the next big thing.

And, from Pan's review, it's also way easier to apply too.

Haha, always something new!! Too late, anyway...that ^ last pic is with two layers of ceramic coat. SOB is looking great and I’m not changing now haha!!

Haha, always something new!! Too late, anyway...that ^ last pic is with two layers of ceramic coat. SOB is looking great and I’m not changing now haha!!

Ahh, if only I had seen this post earlier to share! Apparently graphene is supposed to last twice as long in terms of protection, and even more slickness. It's probably overkill, but I wonder if you can put one on top of another lol.

Ahh, if only I had seen this post earlier to share! Apparently graphene is supposed to last twice as long in terms of protection, and even more slickness. It's probably overkill, but I wonder if you can put one on top of another lol.

Not a problem!! I don’t think I’d go for graphene in any event. Too new (at least for auto paint, I know the material graphene has been around a while).

Ceramic coat has been around a bit and seems to work well.

I’ll go for graphene (or whatever the latest coating is, haha!!) when I get my Cybertruck!!

Looks great! Anyone in NorCal that can comment on OCDetail in Fremont? I got quoted $2750 for Model Y to get the paint correction and cQuartz ceramic coat along with front window tints. Thoughts? Personal expoeriences?

OCDetailing - Bay Area Paint Protection Film | Clear Bra | Ceramic Coating Installer - OCDetailing

Single stage? Multi stage? How many coats? cQuartz isn’t the best but does the job. Norcal is always more expensive compare to down here when it comes automotive stuffs imho.