Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with TNT. Price was about the same as Protint but they use Formula One Pinnacle 35 vice Llumar Ceramic 35 which is supposedly a higher grade film and has better heat rejection than the Llumar Ceramic. TNT laser/computer cuts the film, however the laser cut specs were not yet dialed in (varying gaps between the window edge and the film). I told them I was not satisfied and they ended up hand cutting the film and redoing the tint.

Reactions: Hawnboy
I went with TNT. Price was about the same as Protint but they use Formula One Pinnacle 35 vice Llumar Ceramic 35 which is supposedly a higher grade film and has better heat rejection than the Llumar Ceramic. TNT laser/computer cuts the film, however the laser cut specs were not yet dialed in (varying gaps between the window edge and the film). I told them I was not satisfied and they ended up hand cutting the film and redoing the tint.

I' m planning on heading there tomorrow time permitting to get a quote for my P3D+!

I know that T n T stands behind their work and backs the manufacturer warranty because I had the chance to experience their service warranty before!

Window tint...complete!

Sub $1K at TnT airport location thanks to the auto show discount. All windows except front windshield.

Plus FREE PPF door edge guards, yeah!

Thanks TnT, Tommy Silva, and everyone who worked on my car.

It looks fabulous!

Last edited:
Reactions: InParadise
I looked at my quote from TnT, the regular tinting price for all windows does include the back window but they will cut the tint where the factory tinted roof meets the clear section so there will be a film line. If you don't want the line and tint the whole back glass to include the factory tinted area, they will add the cost of a sunroof tint. The factory tinted roof above the front seats is considered a sunroof tint if you wanted that tinted too.

Reactions: Peekabooo
Hey Inparadise thank you for the info. I’m considering TnT formulaone pinnacle, for sure ill do the whole back section of roof instead of them cutting it. Would you do front roof glass too or just buy tesla screen? Thank you, really appreciate it.

No probs Junlobs, I'm still waiting for my car to arrive on lsland, so I don't have experience on how hot the roof is above the front seats. From what Florida guys were saying, it was a huge relief tinting the roof. I really don't care if it's too dark on top as long as I don't feel the heat on my bald head. :D I also did order the front windshield for the UV protection because I park in the sun at work.

I tinted the back window on my 3 (not the whole glass) @ ProTint. Dwight did a great job, but there is a visible tint line. It's at the last defroster line, so it's pretty high up. It doesn't bother me, but everyone's preference is a little different.

The factory tint on the roof glass is very good. I'm not sure of the specs (I'm sure it's on here somehere), but even in the sunniest days, I don't feel any heat above my head in the front seats, and my rear seat passengers have never complained. You may want to try it out first before deciding if you want to spend the extra expense on the whole glass for what may be (in my opinion) only cosmetic reasons.

Reactions: InParadise