Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips When Ordering a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently own a Model 3 performance which is quick but has piqued my interest in something even faster. As I’m contemplating ordering a Roadster I haven’t come across any tips on how to do this beyond what’s on the company’s website. In the past when I’ve purchased big ticket items there has usually been a “smart” way to do it and I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. I took a factory tour in Fremont recently with the hopes there would be a BOGO coupon but unfortunately nothing. :)

Any thoughts you have are appreciated!.

I currently own a Model 3 performance which is quick but has piqued my interest in something even faster. As I’m contemplating ordering a Roadster I haven’t come across any tips on how to do this beyond what’s on the company’s website. In the past when I’ve purchased big ticket items there has usually been a “smart” way to do it and I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. I took a factory tour in Fremont recently with the hopes there would be a BOGO coupon but unfortunately nothing. :)

5k by credit card, then go to your bank and arrange a bank transfer for the rest. Having a bank you can go into and use in person seems best to me.

The Roadster has been removed from the corporate website..... So I am not sure how you can order a roadster and what does this mean for the Roadster?
A bit tiring ....... Every week there seems to be someone not bothering to look at the site properly. On the US site, the Roadster is "hidden" in the pulldown menu because there are more current, and therefore more important, things to show on the front page; and in Europe it is still on the front page because we still do not have the solar roof and all this stuff.:cool:

Even those who do put down a large deposit don't necessarily get to the front of the line. I stopped putting money down when I waited in line on the first day for a Model 3 only to find many others who didn't got their car delivered before me. It doesn't even guarantee your pricing. If you want to give a free loan to Tesla go ahead.

Reactions: user212_nr

I think the smart way to buy it is to wait until the delivery window is less than 2 months and after everyone else has already got their car.

When Tesla has delivered all the orders that have been placed (should take them 1 year), then they will have an idle assembly line and they will need to lower the price.

Couldn’t agree with you more, right now is literally the best time to park your cash in the stock market for a few years, which is likely how long it’s going to be before the roadster comes out.

I also took your advice. If I had sold my tesla stock to put down the reservation I would have missed out on it 5xing. Glad I waited. I guess I don't have bragging rights that I'm not a roadster reservation holder... oh well :).

Reactions: Nilroc and AMPd