Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire and Wheel Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 449164 View attachment 449165

This happened to me a week ago. It cost about $1,700 total for the flatbed tow, rental car, gasoline, new rim and TPMS sensor. Discount Tire replaced the tire for free under their road hazard warranty. It caused a 4 day delay in our trip because it happened on a Friday in a remote area. We ended up cancelling the whole trip. Getting a tire was no problem but I could not get a rim until the following Monday. I'm considering carrying a spare rim but don't like the space it would take.
AZ Ed ... Yeah, after you get off the main highways and roads it can get bad alright. I drove down to Apache Junction to show my friend the new car and I almost turned around due to pot holes. I think I will start a another thread about members experience with mobile wheel repair. I’m in the Surprise, about 30 mi NW of Phoenix.

I'm not following well.....
What requirements does Discount tires require to insure tires purchased elsewhere? Approximately what do they charge?

They look at your tires (at least my America's Tire does) Do they look pretty new? Then they go to their computer and look up the exact tire and quote you a per tire cost. Just did my wife's new 21" staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sport set (referral award). About $250 total.