Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure call-while i'm waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm waiting to check in my car for it's 2year service...waiting patiently. Overheard the following.

"My car is complaining a tire pressure fault"

Patient Tesla rep..."well when you go to this (yada-yada) screen, what does it say?"

person with a "window...something email address" 44 is on one of my tires.

Patient Tesla rep..."that is on the low end of what is recommended, is your tire low?"

person with a "window...something email address" no, it just says 44, it is broken. I NEED (emphatically) my car fixed!!!"

Patient Tesla rep... "Have you tried to put air in your tire? It should be inflated to 46PSI"

person with a "window...something email address"..."I don't know how I NEEEED (super emphatically) NEEEEDDD to have my car fixed.

Patient Tesla rep..."if you need a loaner car, it will be the first week of september"

person with a "window...something email address" goes F-in ballistic

sigh........

• Helpful
Reactions: Kickin
Aw, I see you're in MD so this must've been the Rockville Service Center. Too bad that customer was so angry, the folks I've worked with at this Service center have been fantastic! I dropped my car off for it's 2nd service (skipped the first one) on Monday morning.

Plus if Mr. WindowNation was a Maryland owner... he should have received the compressor/goo kit with his car, as is required by Maryland law for vehicles sold without a spare. So like... 5 minutes of his time would've righted his situation.

In Mr. Windownation's defense, perhaps he was not accurately describing his situation and his tire would not *hold* a pressure. But even then, the slow leak probably would've been a prime candidate for goo fix (provided it wasn't sidewall).

Also, my car seems to settle in around 41psi. I know the spec on the door recommends 45, which I periodically try to get the tires to. The compressor from Tesla shows that I've filled up to 50psi and my TPMS readout claims around 44psi o_O

Tire wear is even and Wh/mi is below 300 so I don't really put much thought into it. It'll be interesting to see what the service center filled me up to when I pick up the car tomorrow morning :cool:

Three of my tires were dropping to 36 psi when the temperature dropped from the 100s to the 70s a couple of weeks ago. I decided to run through Pep Boys service bay to see if they'd air me up for free. They were impressed to see a Tesla in there, so they didn't charge me to top off my tires, but they were surprised that they required 45 psi. While I was sitting there in my car talking Tesla with the service manager, one of his lackys drove a minivan into a car lift, blowing the crap out of one of the tires. The service manager calmly looks over, then looks back and says "looks like we just bought a tire." I responded with "sounds like you may have bought a rim too...that didn't sound good."

Note to self, never have an ICE worked on by Pep Boys.