Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Puncture After 2 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you everyone for your time.. I called up pepboys and Firestone. They said it will cost 375 to 400 plus tax. Decided to go with Tesla. As
@howardnj mentioned ,Tesla came in 2 hours with a New tire and replaced it in 15 mins. And we were ready to go.
After having Tesla replace my left rear tire in early April, I drove to Florida. The last week in April I had another nail in my right rear tire. Tesla does not have roving tire repair vans in Florida like they do in New Jersey. I had to drive to their SC in Delray Beach Florida. The new tire in Florida cost me $30 more than the one in New Jersey and they even came to my house. for the repair. Not happy about having to replace two tires in the same month but would rather have piece of mind driving 75-80 MPH on I 95 without having to worry about plugs in my tires.
Love New Jersey

I bought my Model Y two months ago (it currently has 1425 miles on it) and got a nail in the FR tire yesterday. What would be the best course of action for me in this case? Thanks for your advice.
If Discount Tire will do it for free, then bring it there. Otherwise, I would repair it myself. Walmart sells the repair kit for $8.50. If you have a jack, you can repair it yourself in 20 (experienced) to 60 minutes (1st time doing it). I have plugged over 10 tires in the past 35 years (a few times, the tire store said it wasn't repairable because it was too close to the sidewall, but I did it and got another 20k to 30k miles on each of them). Don't replace the tire - that is a waste of money. By the way, I have 47k miles on my tires and rotated them only once at 44k miles due to the even wear. I believe that they will make it to 70k or more barring a screw or nail puncture.

If Discount Tire will do it for free, then bring it there. Otherwise, I would repair it myself. Walmart sells the repair kit for $8.50. If you have a jack, you can repair it yourself in 20 (experienced) to 60 minutes (1st time doing it). I have plugged over 10 tires in the past 35 years (a few times, the tire store said it wasn't repairable because it was too close to the sidewall, but I did it and got another 20k to 30k miles on each of them). Don't replace the tire - that is a waste of money. By the way, I have 47k miles on my tires and rotated them only once at 44k miles due to the even wear. I believe that they will make it to 70k or more barring a screw or nail puncture.

I have 43k miles on my original Contis and they'll probably safely make it to 60k. Rotated once at 18,000. Plugged one tire myself at 16,000 and still driving on it. I always carry an inflator and a plug kit.