Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rack winter tire rims & tire options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning!
First time poster here. Firstly, thanks for all the useful info on the Model Y, I get mine on Friday. Living in Wisconsin means I have to take delivery in Illinois and drive it up as we still do not have any in-state Tesla dealerships.
Has anyone installed aftermarket winter tire/rims packages on their MY that they can recommend OTHER than the ones sold on the TESLA website or on Tsportsline.com?

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite.
Are you getting a P model with summer tires?
Was a time when I had a 70mile round trip commute and a RWD car that I went to dedicated snow tires.

Y is AWD right? You might consider just buying an all season tire with a good review on snow handling. Put the original tires loose in the garage as spares.
We don't really get that much snow.
My old RWD S is fine on all seasons but I do have a mich shorter commute these days.
I have a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pro on order which are an all season with severe snow rating. Unfortunately I wont be able to tell you how I like them in snow till we get some.

Spend some time on TireRack's website.

Understand a rim change is likely to hurt range, Tesla puts a lot of effort into wheel aerodynamics.

• Disagree
Reactions: noshadow
I am in MN. I have MY AWD LR. I had 19 Inch gemini wheels.
I purchased Continental VikingContact7 winter tires from Tire rack.
I mounted these tires on Gemini wheels.
There has not been much snow to provide a review their performance in snow but the reviews were good.
Next spring I plan to purchase 19 Inch black rim and use the stock tires that came with my MY.
I will most like purchase https://www.replika.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=r241&fn=space+grey&lang=en-US as the rims to use in summer.

Good morning!
First time poster here. Firstly, thanks for all the useful info on the Model Y, I get mine on Friday. Living in Wisconsin means I have to take delivery in Illinois and drive it up as we still do not have any in-state Tesla dealerships.
Has anyone installed aftermarket winter tire/rims packages on their MY that they can recommend OTHER than the ones sold on the TESLA website or on Tsportsline.com?

Welcome and congrats on your Y. This topic has been discussed at great length - you'll find many a threads about winter wheels and tires. Browse around a bit - Model Y: Driving Dynamics

4F305AAD-F165-4B9C-8A55-73AF05FAF8BD.jpeg
Good morning!
I bought the 19X8 ENKEI PERFORMANCE HORNET GLS BLACK wheels and 255/45R-19 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 XL tires for my MYP.

Reactions: Modulus1
@noshadow because the person from Berkley knows Wisconsin weather better than the guy living here, right?
Average annual snowfall is like 48" and they are more than generous with salt.

I just hit the wrong button, but looking at it maybe I did hit the right one.

He was asking about other options from the ones he mentioned. Seems like he knows about the weather and getting the right set, but wanted more specific accounts of what people got.