Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Repair Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used the large bottle (1pint) of Fix A Flat with a compressor twice and succeeded each time. I move the car so the leak is facing down. The sealant was gushing out on the first leak so badly I did think it was going to close the leak but it did. On the first leak it was time for new tires so I did not bother with a repair. The second leak was fixed for free by Les Schwab.
I though fix a flat destroys the stock tires due to the foam in them and it won't seal the leak either?

Hi!! Just before returning home in my 2-week-old MYP from a weekend out of town, I learned about a new warning sign on the touch screen. It says, "Dude!! Y'all got a flat tire!!" Of course, there is also the tire pressure "tab" on the screen which very accurately shows each tires current pressure. In any case, I used the tire "repair" kit to inflate the tires, and it worked perfectly. I did try to pump sealant into the tire. However, whenever the dial was on the sealant setting, the pump didn't work. I had the sealant hose connected to the tire. I could not figure out why the pump would not operate when on the sealant mode, having followed the instructions in the user guide to the letter. All worked out well, and even without the sealant setting functioning, I was darned glad that this tire repair kit came with the MYP. The MYP tires do have the sound decreasing foam in them, so even if the pump worked, the sealant probably would not have worked given what others have said about the foamed tires.

Hi!! Just before returning home in my 2-week-old MYP from a weekend out of town, I learned about a new warning sign on the touch screen. It says, "Dude!! Y'all got a flat tire!!" Of course, there is also the tire pressure "tab" on the screen which very accurately shows each tires current pressure. In any case, I used the tire "repair" kit to inflate the tires, and it worked perfectly. I did try to pump sealant into the tire. However, whenever the dial was on the sealant setting, the pump didn't work. I had the sealant hose connected to the tire. I could not figure out why the pump would not operate when on the sealant mode, having followed the instructions in the user guide to the letter. All worked out well, and even without the sealant setting functioning, I was darned glad that this tire repair kit came with the MYP. The MYP tires do have the sound decreasing foam in them, so even if the pump worked, the sealant probably would not have worked given what others have said about the foamed tires.
Have you figured this out? I got the same problem. The thing just doesn’t work. On my family members 3 compressor worked but not the sealant (when he really needed it). Then I tried on my MS to see if it’ll work, and it didn’t work at all, and then it blew the fuse. I’m suspecting that switch. Either way the thing seems to be POS.

Have you figured this out? I got the same problem. The thing just doesn’t work. On my family members 3 compressor worked but not the sealant (when he really needed it). Then I tried on my MS to see if it’ll work, and it didn’t work at all, and then it blew the fuse. I’m suspecting that switch. Either way the thing seems to be POS.
Disregard, I just found several YouTube posts on how to fix. Looks like two contacts on the inside where sealant can goes need help to be pressed in