Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2024 Tesla Tire Repair Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A regular 12V compressor from Amazon works just fine with the 16V LiOn battery, I've unfortunately had the opportunity to use one. Grab a compressor from Amazon or elsewhere and a tire plug kit and you are good to go.

$175 at Tesla vs $39 at Harbor Freight.

Yes, the 12v compressor works fine on a Tesla. I use it all the time for bikes, wheelbarrow and such. I've also inflated a flat time on my Tesla. I bought the compressor in 2017 and keep it in the car.

By the way, In the back of my '23 MY there is a 12v plug you can't see but can feel for. Stick your hand in the cubby behind the left tail light. For extra fun, wet your fingers first.

Attachments

• 1708566914987.png
    1708566914987.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
but then you have to remember to carry a battery, unless it takes an external power source
I’ve kept a M18 inflator in my vehicle for the last couple years, before that it was a M12. I live near the beach and have to air down to 11 psi then air up afterwards. The battery lasts at least 6 months in the car, it attaches and stores on the compressor. I also have the M12 heated jacket and dozens of tools, so Milwaukee batteries are never far for me.

My old Viair 71P seems to like the output from the convenience outlet in the trunk just fine. I like that it doesn’t have its own battery I need to worry about. It lives in the frunk with all the charging accessories. I should probably throw a can of fix a flat in there too, just in case.

My old Viair 71P seems to like the output from the convenience outlet in the trunk just fine. I like that it doesn’t have its own battery I need to worry about. It lives in the frunk with all the charging accessories. I should probably throw a can of fix a flat in there too, just in case.
we need...MORE VOLTAGE!!!

"Tire Repair Kit includes an air compressor, a storage bag, and a bottle of sealant":

Doesn't sealant damage the TPMS? If not, that's all I'll need to get as my 12v air compressor works great and cost me $25 - and is now $21 on Amazon.

Nobody is concerned about their TPMS when they're stranded on the side of the road lol. That being said, a compressor, pliers, and a plug kit is what's in my emergency kit.

Nobody is concerned about their TPMS when they're stranded on the side of the road lol. That being said, a compressor, pliers, and a plug kit is what's in my emergency kit.
The concern will start when they have to replace those wickedly expensive sensors (as I found out with my 2014 MS). Maybe they're cheaper now ?? I do get it that being stranded is a nightmare. Might be good that people know that stuff could cost them $$$ and maybe the instructions say so?

There are alternatives though I'm still to trying to figure out what would be best for me. I'm not gonna be reaming a puncture and pushing one of those tire plugs at my age. And definitely not removing a wheel - that act was OK 40 years ago with tiny Japanese car wheels. My plan is to start with AAA, then tire plug screws; carry a can of the sealant as I last resort.

The concern will start when they have to replace those wickedly expensive sensors (as I found out with my 2014 MS). Maybe they're cheaper now ?? I do get it that being stranded is a nightmare. Might be good that people know that stuff could cost them $$$ and maybe the instructions say so?

There are alternatives though I'm still to trying to figure out what would be best for me. I'm not gonna be reaming a puncture and pushing one of those tire plugs at my age. And definitely not removing a wheel - that act was OK 40 years ago with tiny Japanese car wheels. My plan is to start with AAA, then tire plug screws; carry a can of the sealant as I last resort.
I agree....what’s more, when you do have a flat...you are always wearing your best clothes that cost more than the tire