Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Replacement in Dallas Fort Worth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings to the Tesla Family. I am looking to get some new tires for my Model S but the SVC is charging a very high amount for tires. What place in the area do you recommend for getting tires replaced? I want to make sure the place I receive service from has done quality tire changes with Teslas. Thanks for your recommendations.

Greetings to the Tesla Family. I am looking to get some new tires for my Model S but the SVC is charging a very high amount for tires. What place in the area do you recommend for getting tires replaced? I want to make sure the place I receive service from has done quality tire changes with Teslas. Thanks for your recommendations.

While I don't own a Tesla yet, I assume you can go to any place and get tires for the Tesla.

Do a search and see who has the cheapest price.

Only concern would be to make sure they know how to properly lift the vehicle to replace the tires!

It’s not necessarily a great idea to go to any place.

Let me rephrase the question. What location in Dallas have you guys gotten your Tesla Tires changed at.
I was directed to Discount Tire by the service center and had a very good experience. I’ve gone back for rotations and everything went well.

They knew all the proper procedures to change tires on a Tesla (jack mode, jack points etc.) I hope this helps.

I got my Model S tires changed at a Costco in SW Fort Worth. It all went well. They told me Tesla's are more common now and they know how to properly lift them and know not to stair too hard as to dent the aluminum panels. They gave me a print out procedure for re-calibrating the TPMS, which required 15 minutes of driving to reset (I think it took less than 5)

I had a flat on my Model S. Apparently Southern Cal Service Center could not get replacement citing a month b.o. I purchase online from Tire Rack which shipped the tire overnite, free shipping, no sales tax for $215. Got it mounted at Pep Boy (recommended by TireRack) for $21.

Any Fort Worth Tesla owners have any experience with the Discount Tire on Bryant Irvin pertaining to Tesla tire service and rotation? I'll be nearing the recommended rotation interval in the not too distant future and want to know if they're up to speed on properly lifting the car, etc.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with this Discount Tire location with my previous car, for the record. Just not informed where they are with Teslas.

Any Fort Worth Tesla owners have any experience with the Discount Tire on Bryant Irvin pertaining to Tesla tire service and rotation? I'll be nearing the recommended rotation interval in the not too distant future and want to know if they're up to speed on properly lifting the car, etc.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with this Discount Tire location with my previous car, for the record. Just not informed where they are with Teslas.
I first tried the Burleson location. They said they could not work on Tesla's and had to access to the Conti S tires. I then ordered from Tire Rack. The Burleson location said they still could not mount them. They sent me to the Bryant Irvin location. They were able to mount them. They said every Discount location had access to the same tires. The only problem I had is they put the wider tires on the front. Went back to the Burleson location and they switched them for me. Check before you leave.

• Informative
Reactions: NoPetrolDream