Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement reommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a set of rims, 19" that came with 2 tires that are still way above the thread wear indicator, but the other 2 definitely need to get replace.
I am thinking of just replacing the 4 tires that way they're all uniform and *hopefully* wear down at the same time.

I am from OC socal,
are there any tire shop that is willing to credit my 2 good tires?
I am coming from 18"'s stock, I assume the tire shop can just put my TPMS from the old wheels to the new?
Do i need to rebalance and alignment?

Any recommendations of tire shop that's willing to work with my situation?

I appreciate the help.

I would add the latest OEM tires on the 2024 Model 3 to my list of considerations. They are made by Hankook. The tirerack.com is a useful resource for information but might not have the best price. I got a better deal on Amazon for my latest set of tires.

I recently replaced my tires intending to go Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. Shop I trust said they were back ordered, no idea when they would come. Suggested I try a cheaper tire made by Kendra, which I had never heard of. Figuring I could always get Michelins later, took a flyer. $782 for all 4 new tires installed with tax. Are they Michelins? No. They are tad louder than the continentals that came with it and are not foam filled. The side walls are a tad softer which I actually now prefer because the car rides like a car and not like an old wooden roller coaster. Steering is slightly less crisp but still great. We’ll see how long they last, after 500 miles I’m quite pleased. They are way better than half as good for less than half the cost to someone who has bought nothing but Michelins for last ~5-10 sets of tires.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
I am pretty sure you will have to deal with a tire shop that sells used tires to get any credit from the 2 good ones you have. Smart to go with all 4 new tires. New tires require balancing. Ask for road force balancing and and stress you want 15 Lbs or less pounds of road force for a smooth ride. No alignment necessary. Wheel and Tire Connection in Irvine appears to be pretty good. I would consider Revolution Tire and Wheel in Cypress as well.