Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately it appears to be illegal to voluntarily disable the TPMS on a factory-equipped car. It also appears that there are bypass emulator boxes that exist, but I don't know if any of them are compatible with Tesla. I for one have never had an issue with low tire pressure in my 30 years of motoring, but I'm old-school and do a visual walk around the car at least once a day that I'm driving the vehicle. Just how old-school am I...EVs are the first non-manual transmission vehicles I've ever owned.

I would much prefer a lower-cost/lower tech version of TPMS with those valve stems that mechanically indicate your tire pressure is below the set threshold. The whole "system" retails for less than $10 which is a fraction of the OEM profit cost. I don't know if the auto lobby was for or against the NHTSA requirement but I think it was a mistake.

Amazon Tire Pressure Indicators

Reactions: Droschke
Upvote 0
I just use Autel MX sensors in my multiple sets of wheels. I have a 2013 also with the Bao Long system so the IDs have to match the original programmed in the TPMS receiver.
Easy to clone. Better than having Tesla reprogram car to wheels each time.
You can get a set of 4 sensors for about $125 and a programmer for $50.
Copy your other wheels if you have them available. Original sensor batteries probably dead or about to by now. Keep the old sensors if possible. The codes are printed on the internal sensor needed to program to match what your TPMS receiver is programmed to look for
Best part is you can program and reprogram at any time. You can then reprogram to use on a car with the new continental system in case you want to sell the wheels later to someone with a 2014 or newer.

Upvote 0