Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Warranty Gamble - Winner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Washing the MYP on Sunday and found a nice rivet/nail (??) sticking out of my rear tire. Thought about pulling it and but since it wasn't leaking I just cut it off down to the tire. Took it into Discount Tire today and they replaced the tire. Too bad as it only had about 3K miles on it. Anyhow, I typically don't buy the tire warranty on my cars but opted to on the Tesla. Gamble paid off I guess. haha
1685572352181.png

I'm confused, but I think you're saying these weren't the original ones that came with the vehicle and when you bought these replacements you also bought the certificates
I took the original tires off at 2k miles and upgraded to larger size front/rear. I ordered the certificates on the new tires.

Also, I took a 2021 pickup I recently bought to Discount Tire and to have the wheels balanced. While there, I was told I could buy tire certs on the existing tires already on the truck. Never know you could do that. I declined as I'm not worried about larger pickup tires.

• Informative
Reactions: EVer Hopeful