Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm...I guess YMMV. I have about 25,000 km on my Goodyears, and they still have 6/32 and 7/32 F/R of tread on them. I don't track the car, but I don't exactly pussyfoot it around either. I do rotate and I do check the pressure regularly...

How accurate are the TMPS readings in the car vs. your checks? I rely on the car to tell me and my tires are always between 44 and 49psi (depending on temp) per the car.

How accurate are the TMPS readings in the car vs. your checks? I rely on the car to tell me and my tires are always between 44 and 49psi (depending on temp) per the car.

I have the in-car TPMS, a set of the Fobo Tire TPMS units, and a manual digital pressure gauge. When I do tire rotations, I cross-check all of them, and they're usually within 1 psi of each other.

• Informative
Reactions: croman

I rely on TPMS pretty often. From what I've checked against a digital pressure check I bought off Amazon, they are pretty close accurate.I have 35k - 36k miles on original OEM at the moment. Still pretty good thread according to my 2nd year service a month ago.

Question thought, anyone have had their tire replaced at places like Costco and America Tires? I recall they mention something around the TPMS being replaced each time you replace the tires. Would the new one work with the TPMS system on the Tesla or are they reusable?

I rely on TPMS pretty often. From what I've checked against a digital pressure check I bought off Amazon, they are pretty close accurate.I have 35k - 36k miles on original OEM at the moment. Still pretty good thread according to my 2nd year service a month ago.

Question thought, anyone have had their tire replaced at places like Costco and America Tires? I recall they mention something around the TPMS being replaced each time you replace the tires. Would the new one work with the TPMS system on the Tesla or are they reusable?

Thanks for the confirmation on accuracy. I had a fancy electronic pressure gauge in my leaf glove compartment and it was stolen. Never bothered again.

If you buy a new set they can reuse most of your TPMS. They'll just need new stems which are cheap ($8ea usually). Just be sure the shop uses a top notch balancer.

Mine consistently read 3 psi low, but that's because I'm in Denver. With no external reference, altitude affects them. There's an interesting article about TPMS systems at altitude somewhere on the tirerack site.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I have Primacy on my 70D and Goodyear grand touring on the 100D. The goodyears are more quiet but the Primacys are also quiet and quiet good in snow IMO. No idea how the Goodyear Grand touring will fare there. I did just get a flat in the Goodyear and it was difficult repair /patch as they had to cut out part of the foam to get the patch to seal. First flat I have had in 30 years. Wife ran over a truck tire piece at 75mph. No idea how the Primacy's would of handled that.

I recently wore out my Pirelli Cinterato p7's and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + and I am very happy. The Pirelli were smooth and quiet but the traction was not good and this is with a S85 not even the P models. The AS3+ tires are MUCH stickier I am very happy.

The best part of the Pirelli's is they didn't last near the warranty so I received a $500 discount when I traded them back in. New tires for $600 installed is amazing.

Reactions: Meng and The Duke
I am the owner of Nitto tires and gotta say they are quite reliable on performance, durability and traction.

The maximum load is around 1929lbs so should be good for any model. If you got a quality vehicle like a Tesla then this is what you gotta ago for definitely! Top notch in its class!

Last edited by a moderator: