Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TM3P P Zero tires, what to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried finding a thread for this, but maybe I suck at searching.
What can I expect with the new TM3P P Zero tires? I've had a TM3P for almost a year with the Michelin PS4S, and I thought those were really good.
If I've understood correct the P-Zero are stretched because the new rims are 9" instead of 8.5", and for some reason they opted for 235 instead of 245.
Will they be more noisy?
Will the ride be harder?
Are they easier to sell?
Other (please specify)?

I just found this...

88809409-9A45-4269-83DF-3A93F8450822.jpeg
D1007CB1-B42E-4CA1-B633-FEE4F3821950.jpeg

Will they be more noisy?
Will the ride be harder?
Are they easier to sell?
Other (please specify)?

Yes.
Almost certainly.
Probably not.

Compared to Michelin, Pirelli is an inferior tire across the board. It’s disappointing that Tesla would replace what is widely agreed to be the world’s premier tire manufacturer with a lesser brand.

Is it black and round? Sure. Is it a Michelin? Nope, and not close really.

I would not expect much. Every set of Pirelli tires I’ve had are terrible. Bad traction, bad ride, bad durability.

I left the set of Pirelli tires that my Model X came with on it until they were finished, but I’ve replaced the Pirelli tires on many new cars straightaway. My Ferrari, Volvo, and Range Rover. Mainly because of the hard ride and lack of traction.

Pirelli makes good motorcycle tires

I would not expect much. Every set of Pirelli tires I’ve had are terrible. Bad traction, bad ride, bad durability.

I left the set of Pirelli tires that my Model X came with on it until they were finished, but I’ve replaced the Pirelli tires on many new cars straightaway. My Ferrari, Volvo, and Range Rover. Mainly because of the hard ride and lack of traction.

Pirelli makes good motorcycle tires
A buggerit. Wonder what I should get instead. Which configurations would work the best on the uberturbines? Do I need 245 to prevent stretching the tire?