Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Logging In STRUGGLES!

Am I an idiot for struggling to log in to this website?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kind of because life was not meant to be easy and you just used a thread to vent.

• No. This kind of thing happens to smart people too.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be an active member at a few online forums and it was about 10 years until I joined a new one, TeslaMotorsClub.com (the forum version one). So apparently the forum world has changed and I'm guessing and hoping for the good and I'm just old school or something BUT...

I've struggled so much to just log in. I just realized I can't log in the way I thought I could and the way I think I should be able to. That is by entering my USERNAME & PASSWORD. I'm sitting here trying all kinds of passwords when I know I only have used 1 password in the last 5 years for literally everything that requires a password. I choose FORGOT PASSWORD, it says a email has been sent to my email. Great, I check my email, NOTHING. Did I not have my username right? I don't think the site knows! I'm thinking do I need to make a new account or something? That would be terrible because I started a conversation with someone and that is the whole reason why I'm trying to log in to the site in the first place!

FINALLY, I realize I have to choose the Ad looking colorful buttons LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK (and the google one and whatever the other one was). I click on it and BADA BING BADA BOOM I'm finally logged in! YESSS. Now my first thought is I have to go set a new password so I can log in the way I want to. So i go to find the ACCOUNTS link, look for PREFERENCES, and PASSWORDS...I get there and I try to remake my password to the password I want to use and thought I was using and it says EXISTING PASSWORD......NEW PASSWORD....CONFIRM NEW PASSWORD. I don't ******* have a Password! How can I make a new password, without an existing password. The site lets me know this by saying ERROR. The password you entered is incorrect. No ****.

CAN I MAKE ONE THOUGH!? DO I HAVE TO LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK EVERY TIME NOW BECAUSE I CREATED MY ACCOUNT WITH ONE. What if I delete my facebook? Will I permanently lose the access to my information like the conversation I logged in to look at?

Sorry if this is a bad thread, but I feel like their has to be others who have had to deal with this frustrating ordeal. Sorry I created my account by logging in with facebook. I would like to enter my username and enter a password of my choice. (and another thing...PUT THE LOGIN AREA AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE WHERE ITS EASY TO LOCATE FOR PEOPLE when they want to visit the site. Pardon the caps and **** but this shouldn't be so hard. I can imagine some people would be so turned off by the hassle of logging in to see find a conversation they were having and not being able to.....completely deterring people from ever visiting the site again out of anger.

Is it possible for me to setup a username and password for future log in purposes? Please help. Sorry for being old school. I'm actually not even old and thought i was pretty computer savy but apparently not Forum savy. I could probably figure it out but typing this thread out makes me feel better. I look forward to thanking anyone who will point me in the right direction or to myself figuring it out when I am more calm and in a better mood.

Looks perfectly normal to me (see below). There is a normal "Log in" link on the top right of the page.

If your normal login wasn't working, either your username and/or password were incorrect (CAPS LOCK ON maybe?). My login worked just fine the first time.

By using one of the "Logon with..." links that essentially creates a brand new account. The forum has no way to know that you wanted to link an existing account to a Facebook, Google or Twitter account.

1615400663976.png

1615400483413.png