Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this red Model Y on the road this morning.

Attachments

• 651EBCDF-87C5-483F-A628-C2032466CA8D.jpeg
    651EBCDF-87C5-483F-A628-C2032466CA8D.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 205
I see that Electrek already reported the same Y I saw, I suspect. Tesla Model Y prototype spotted in Washington - start of long-distance testing? - Electrek

When I pulled up to the Supercharger, I plugged in and then noticed what at a glance looked like a Model X with a car cover on, in a charging stall and plugged in. I thought that was odd. As I walked I noticed that the charge port was the Model 3 style. I immediately realized that the car had to be a Model Y. There was a white 3 parked next to it, charging. A guy got out and said “Can I help you?” Of course he was a Tesla employee who just wanted to make sure that I didn’t do anything crazy with the car. We exchanged pleasantries and I thanked him for his work with Tesla. My wife and I went to eat and when we came out out the cars were still there, with the Y still covered. We unplugged and got into our car and took about a minute getting organized to go, pulled out and I saw the Y was now uncovered and the white 3 was leaving. As we started forward the Y backed up right in front of us. I had not taken any photos earlier with the car covered because I told the Tesla employee I wouldn’t and there was nothing to see. But with it uncovered I thought it was newsworthy. First time I’ve seen a gray Y, and those wheels in real life.

• Informative
Reactions: GenSao and Lobstahz