Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To spoiler or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoiler was my #2 high priority item behind PPF for my black/black MYLR.

Then, I picked up "Vader" on 11/5.
Nope, the profile simply cannot be improved. In fact, in black, the MYLR rear haunches remind me of a 80s Porche 911.

Now, I'm adding ceramic to my exterior protection plan.

Upvote 0
I didnt want a spoiler at first but an accident happened. This is a fair warning to all.
I opened the trunk to access some stuff at an AirBnB. The garage door was lower that normal and my trunk hit the garage door hardware. It made a small dent and some noticeable chips. I was quoted $500 to fix the issue but I thought a spoiler might do the trick. I bought a CF spoiler from RPM Tesla in CA and they installed it for me. It looked perfect. They told me this has happened to at least 10 of their customers. But i must say that it does look nice and adds a sporty look without it looking too tacky.

Reactions: Tha_Ape and PaulYVR
Upvote 0
I want to add the spoiler once mine comes in. I'm not trying to pretend I have a MYP, but I do like how it looks.
Exactly what I did. All matters of individual taste. Not really feeling the "posers" though who are scooping up the 21" wheels and painting their calipers red. Reminds me of all the people who wanted to have their BMW E60 regular 5-series look like M5s by adding a body kit, knock-off wheels and the badge.

I see a few LR Ys modified in said way on the road and I am scratching my head. The used wheels/tires would have cost them like $3000 and painting the calipers would be close to $100 in materials plus their time and then another $300 or so for a decent, used, OEM CF spoiler. If you do the math, that's only another $1500 more for the actual MYP. Which coincidently is less than the cost of the acceleration boost upgrade. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rats. I guess that means a wing and underbody lights are out of the question, huh? 😄
Honestly, sometimes I wish my Y had more lights... When it's pitch black outside sometimes it's hard to see where the stupid door handles are, I'm randomly poking at the car trying to find it... On my other cars, the door handles are illuminated as well as the underbody....

Upvote 0