Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To you, what are the small, lesser known things that make the Model 3 just brilliant?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Car camping is fantastic in the back if you're small enough to fit. 'keep climate on' results in a night of perfectly maintained temperature.
  • Frunk keeps stinky leftovers from polluting the entire car even if you forget them overnight
  • Insane amount of storage in front center console areas
  • Extra-secure glovebox that can't be opened if the car is broken into
  • Heat (like air conditioning mentioned earlier) comes on nearly instantly- no more waiting for the crappy ICE engine to start throwing off it's insane waste heat to warm you up. The car is toasty warm in a matter of minutes in the winter, without ever leaving your garage.
  • Easy to clean (fake) leather seats
  • Autopilot aids in long driving an absolutely massive amount once you're used to it. I frequently drive nearly 3 hours and arrive nearly fresh
  • Ability to turn on rear-view camera is great for blind spot double checking

Reactions: 350z and Aellinsar
There's way to many but my subtle ones;
  • The recessed dash and lack of buttons offers a simple loving room-eske appeal. At least that's what my GF keeps saying. She hasn't gotten car sick once in it.
  • Tesla is too cheap to remove the speakers In the SR so with a proper amp I have a premium audio system.
  • The silence, we don't notice the impact noise has on our stress levels, I find my self calmer in the car and relaxed at stop lights. Especially being able to take my foot off the brakes
  • The fact that I spent $40,000 on a car and don't have buyers remorse!
  • Regen, being able to leave my foot on one pedal for miles of driving, none of that back and forth funny business.
  • They offer a ton of small things that you have to pay a lot for with other companies; GPS nav, large ass screen, basic safety features, sentry camera, folding mirrors w/Auto dimming. I'm sure there is more, but came standard on the SR+
On a semi side note: the community is what made me want the car, the way people talked about it, described in detail every aspect of it. How it made grown ass men giddy!? (I understand it now, that torque) it's what makes having the car THAT much better.

The rear vents automatically shut off if no one is sitting in the back seat, so the front AC gets to be stronger. Another detail I need to read to find out.

I slept in my car for the first time last month. Got tired during a road trip, folded the seats down and the camping mattress fits perfectly. Turned on dog mode and I was sleeping in my tiny camper. :)

The interesting thing about that is that it's actually nothing to do with closing the console lid too hard! If you close it gently just enough that the light goes out...

You had me at ‘light’. :)

When my Model 3 eventually arrives, this will be the first car I’ve ever seen with illumination in the centre console compartments. Marvellous idea. I’ve often thought about it but never implemented it.

-Alex

If you forget to engage Park and open the door, the car automatically does it for you. Nice safety feature.

Hold mode. Brilliant. Just a little extra brake force automatically engages it without the need for extra button pushes or other driver input.

Driver control. Between regen, tight steering, and precise throttle response at any speed, I feel more in control of the 3 than any other car I’ve owned. It’s easy to drive.

Reactions: TJ73 and mmccking
If you forget to engage Park and open the door, the car automatically does it for you. Nice safety feature.

Hold mode. Brilliant. Just a little extra brake force automatically engages it without the need for extra button pushes or other driver input.

Driver control. Between regen, tight steering, and precise throttle response at any speed, I feel more in control of the 3 than any other car I’ve owned. It’s easy to drive.

My car doesn’t enable Park if I open a door. Under what circumstances does that happen? Is it if you get out of the seat? (I wonder if it only does this when the car is in Hold mode).

Last edited:
-Driver profiles covering all adjustments instead of just seat memory
-Powerful stereo system with no distortion
-Brilliant navigation. “Navigate to Starbucks.” Boom.
-Dimming exterior mirrors
-Velcro on the back of the charge bag so it doesn’t go sliding around the car
-Sharing destinations from my iPhone directly to the navigation so it’s ready when I get in the car
-Persistent seat heater settings
-USB ports for rear seat passengers

Ooh ooh. I have a new one: the trunk. Yes, it doesn’t have a button to open and close like the Model S does, but at least it’s so easy to close! I don’t think it’s possible under any regular use to not close it fully (like when you don’t close a car door fully). Even the gentlest closing results in success.

(PS It’s also bizarre that the trunk struts actually make contact with the rubber seals around it when you close the trunk if you watch closely - you can even hear the sound when it does!)