Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of my PO 2014 Model S yesterday - wow, just wow.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for seven years now, I've been wanting to acquire a Model S and along the way, have been tripped up by either my wife talking me out of it or other factors like needing a truck, etc. This time last year, I was making about three times as much as I am now, but that gave me an opportunity to liquidate a number of unneeded assets, including said truck. I was left with a 2004 Prius that I bought to drive Uber/Lyft with during my eight months of unemployment.

Now I'm gainfully employed again, albeit not nearly as gainfully as before, but my desire for a Model S never waned. I started looking at pre-owned vehicles on their website and took the plunge on a 2014 Model S 60 with 41k miles on it. I spent the next two weeks worrying that it would have been smoked in, had a battery that wasn't taking a full charge, etc. I flew down to Orlando Sunday night and took an Uber over to the Eatonville SC where the car was. My appointment wasn't until 12:30pm but I was dropped off there at 9:45am. I stood in the showroom for about 20 minutes before I was helped and after having seen a customer flipping out on the service manager, I started to worry that I might have made a big mistake. I hadn't paid for the car yet and wasn't going to until I could see it, with full intention to walk away if it had been smoked in or was otherwise unacceptable.

Finally, one of the sales advisers who was helping another couple took note that I was standing in the showroom and asked if I needed help. I explained who I was and why I was there, so she asked another SA who kind of didn't notice me to help me out. He was pretty young, say 26 or so if I had to guess. I told him my story and let him know I had a long drive back to Atlanta with the supercharging stops I would have had to make, asking if they would consider letting me go ahead and see the car so I could leave if it wasn't what I wanted. He was very helpful and pulled the car around for me.

Assessment? Not a fricking scratch on the car - and it hadn't been detailed yet. This was a two-previous owner vehicle and I was shocked that the car looked as good as it did inside and out. I found only one tiny ping at the bottom of the passenger side rear door, which my paintless dent guy could resolve easily (well, maybe easily). The interior smelled like new, carpets were clean. We set the battery recharge level to 100% for the trip and after my overnight charge last night, I had 205 miles which is one mile short of a new Model S 60 range. Not bad for a five year old car. Never mind the fact that it looks brand new. And again, all they did was wash the car before I left while I waited. I was out of the parking lot and on my way home an hour before my scheduled appointment! Good thing since what would have been a 7-8 hour drive was now upwards of twelve.

So buying pre-owned from Tesla worked out for me. Less than five minutes to pay and complete the three pieces of paperwork. I wish all auto purchases were that easy!!!

Anyway, I know I wrote a lot here, but I'm so damn happy right now that I could burst. I had tears in my eyes when I started to drive out of the parking lot, seriously. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Congrats on the purchase!!! I share your joy. I just drove through Atlanta for the third time since April with each trip 1,300+ miles and I too, LOVE THIS CAR. I really llke the new Supercharger in Acworth as it allows me to not have to stop in downtown Atlanta.

Welcome to the family!
…I found only one tiny ping at the bottom of the passenger side rear door, which my paintless dent guy could resolve easily (well, maybe easily).…
Unfortunately, that ping will not be an easy repair. Aluminum doesn't have metal memory like steel, and cannot be easily reshaped back to its undamaged state.

So for seven years now, I've been wanting to acquire a Model S and along the way, have been tripped up by either my wife talking me out of it or other factors like needing a truck, etc. This time last year, I was making about three times as much as I am now, but that gave me an opportunity to liquidate a number of unneeded assets, including said truck. I was left with a 2004 Prius that I bought to drive Uber/Lyft with during my eight months of unemployment.

Now I'm gainfully employed again, albeit not nearly as gainfully as before, but my desire for a Model S never waned. I started looking at pre-owned vehicles on their website and took the plunge on a 2014 Model S 60 with 41k miles on it. I spent the next two weeks worrying that it would have been smoked in, had a battery that wasn't taking a full charge, etc. I flew down to Orlando Sunday night and took an Uber over to the Eatonville SC where the car was. My appointment wasn't until 12:30pm but I was dropped off there at 9:45am. I stood in the showroom for about 20 minutes before I was helped and after having seen a customer flipping out on the service manager, I started to worry that I might have made a big mistake. I hadn't paid for the car yet and wasn't going to until I could see it, with full intention to walk away if it had been smoked in or was otherwise unacceptable.

Finally, one of the sales advisers who was helping another couple took note that I was standing in the showroom and asked if I needed help. I explained who I was and why I was there, so she asked another SA who kind of didn't notice me to help me out. He was pretty young, say 26 or so if I had to guess. I told him my story and let him know I had a long drive back to Atlanta with the supercharging stops I would have had to make, asking if they would consider letting me go ahead and see the car so I could leave if it wasn't what I wanted. He was very helpful and pulled the car around for me.

Assessment? Not a fricking scratch on the car - and it hadn't been detailed yet. This was a two-previous owner vehicle and I was shocked that the car looked as good as it did inside and out. I found only one tiny ping at the bottom of the passenger side rear door, which my paintless dent guy could resolve easily (well, maybe easily). The interior smelled like new, carpets were clean. We set the battery recharge level to 100% for the trip and after my overnight charge last night, I had 205 miles which is one mile short of a new Model S 60 range. Not bad for a five year old car. Never mind the fact that it looks brand new. And again, all they did was wash the car before I left while I waited. I was out of the parking lot and on my way home an hour before my scheduled appointment! Good thing since what would have been a 7-8 hour drive was now upwards of twelve.

So buying pre-owned from Tesla worked out for me. Less than five minutes to pay and complete the three pieces of paperwork. I wish all auto purchases were that easy!!!

Anyway, I know I wrote a lot here, but I'm so damn happy right now that I could burst. I had tears in my eyes when I started to drive out of the parking lot, seriously. I LOVE THIS CAR!
Glad to hear of your success story! If I may ask, what did you pay for that beauty? Pictures?