Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery of my Red Model 3 today, aero wheels, PUP in Marina Del Rey California. I was first day reservation, on line during the presentation, non-owner. April 18 invite, May 24 configuration, if anyone cares anymore. Everything was great, except the traffic there SUCKED, took over an hour with LA traffic when should have been 25 minutes, but got over that stress pretty quick.

Anyway, it was really well organized and they were delivering a TON of cars, looked like over 50 to me, but they were a well oiled machine. Valet took my wife's car, they signed us in, brought us water, and within 90 seconds, Josh came out to guide me through the process. Everyone I talked to was excited to see a red car, they said it was the only red car to be delivered today. Josh walked me to the car, we had plenty of time to inspect it and all the body panels lined up, no scratches, shiny and bright all around. I ran my fingers along all the seams, and it felt good to me: the left hand side of the Frunk was a little lower than the right, but I wouldn't have noticed unless I was running my fingers on it.

I got the first basic tutorial and then they brought the car outside from the hanger, and the car just sparkled in the sunlight. Really glad I went with the red. Josh handed me off to another guy as he had another delivery, and that guy handed us off to another, but no matter at all. They all took turns tutoring me and the last guy even quizzed me to make sure I knew how to get the car off the lot and driving. There was even a Red toy model in the center console as a gift, they were excited when I found it. We could have stayed for an hour if we wanted to, no pressure and they would have answered as many questions as I could have thought of. I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to, I wanted to get on the road, so we were off after about 45 minutes after getting there.

Sorry for anyone who has had trouble with the delivery process, but I was lucky and things couldn't have been better. At least in Marina Del Rey, they were a great and organized team: Oh, everyone who worked there looked under 30, but no one was slacking off, everyone seemed excited to work there, reflecting how young and energetic this company is.

Delivery of my Red Model 3 today, aero wheels, PUP in Marina Del Rey California. I was first day reservation, on line during the presentation, non-owner. April 18 invite, May 24 configuration, if anyone cares anymore. Everything was great, except the traffic there SUCKED, took over an hour with LA traffic when should have been 25 minutes, but got over that stress pretty quick.

Anyway, it was really well organized and they were delivering a TON of cars, looked like over 50 to me, but they were a well oiled machine. Valet took my wife's car, they signed us in, brought us water, and within 90 seconds, Josh came out to guide me through the process. Everyone I talked to was excited to see a red car, they said it was the only red car to be delivered today. Josh walked me to the car, we had plenty of time to inspect it and all the body panels lined up, no scratches, shiny and bright all around. I ran my fingers along all the seams, and it felt good to me: the left hand side of the Frunk was a little lower than the right, but I wouldn't have noticed unless I was running my fingers on it.

I got the first basic tutorial and then they brought the car outside from the hanger, and the car just sparkled in the sunlight. Really glad I went with the red. Josh handed me off to another guy as he had another delivery, and that guy handed us off to another, but no matter at all. They all took turns tutoring me and the last guy even quizzed me to make sure I knew how to get the car off the lot and driving. There was even a Red toy model in the center console as a gift, they were excited when I found it. We could have stayed for an hour if we wanted to, no pressure and they would have answered as many questions as I could have thought of. I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to, I wanted to get on the road, so we were off after about 45 minutes after getting there.

Sorry for anyone who has had trouble with the delivery process, but I was lucky and things couldn't have been better. At least in Marina Del Rey, they were a great and organized team: Oh, everyone who worked there looked under 30, but no one was slacking off, everyone seemed excited to work there, reflecting how young and energetic this company is.

Thanks for posting! I am picking up from Marina del Rey tomorrow myself so looking forward to hopefully a similarly good delivery experience.

Thanks for posting! I am picking up from Marina del Rey tomorrow myself so looking forward to hopefully a similarly good delivery experience.
I would expect you will have a good experience, they seemed to have a good system and flow. It's in a weird part of Marina Del Rey, tucked in an ugly corner off the Marina Freeway, but no matter, the facility is clean and shiny.

Welcome to a new fellow red M3 owner in Sherman Oaks!

I would expect you will have a good experience, they seemed to have a good system and flow. It's in a weird part of Marina Del Rey, tucked in an ugly corner off the Marina Freeway, but no matter, the facility is clean and shiny.

thanks for this information. Thats where I hope to eventually pick up my car. LA Traffic always sucks down/up/around 405. Glad you had a great experience. Enjoy!

I took delivery at noon today in Raleigh. The delivery experience was excellent! Everything was arrranged via email & phone with the local delivery team before I arrived. I wired the money to the account they noted on Thursday. They told me what to bring (wife & driver licenses, since we are on the title together). They scheduled 30 mins but I felt no pressure. I took my time examining the paint (std black), it was nearly flawless. I found a very small micro scratch that they documented. I’m having a paint correction and a ceramic coating applied in the next couple of weeks. If the tech cannot resolve, I just call Tesla.

I encourage everyone to read the manual and watch as many videos as possible so your 30 mins are spent answering your questions and not reviewing easy stuff you already know. I ordered my wheel kit to dress up the rims (for after removing the euro wheel covers) and it arrived Friday (only a couple weeks from order). It looks awesome! I actually prefer the standard rim and wheels over the upgrade. And I luck out with the black, since that’s my preference as well. Life is good! Tip: Don’t order lightening connectors for iPhones or license plate trim from Tesla’s shop since the car already comes with them both (Ooops, jumped the gun on those)....

Now the good part- I had an audio issue- my music was stuck on some kind of digital skipping. I could not fix it. It came after I hung up my phone in the car. Long story short, I called Tesla and they told me to simply turn off the Bluetooth in my phone and turn it back on in 15 seconds- done! There is a known bug in this area (phone calls take precedence over music and somehow this “skipping” can occur). They are working on a resolution. But the good part was how great the Tesla help was. He apologized and tried to explain. I told him I’m fine, I get new innovations and computers etc... He said “We are here for you 24/7, no matter how simple you think the question is. Never hesitate to call us“. Now that’s the customer service I was hoping for!! Super psyched!!

Attachments

• 943EC357-9512-4549-A9FA-2BC474971F04.jpeg
    943EC357-9512-4549-A9FA-2BC474971F04.jpeg
    629.7 KB · Views: 82
I ran my fingers along all the seams, and it felt good to me: the left hand side of the Frunk was a little lower than the right, but I wouldn't have noticed unless I was running my fingers on it.

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Are they going to fix the frunk? This appears to be a fairly common issue (as well as the headlamp on the same side slightly protuding).