Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took my MY off hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only case where you can't get the 7.5K tax credit (or whatever value it is) is if your income tax liability is lower than the credit.

So e.g. your tax liability is $5K, you'll end up paying no tax at all, however you lose out on the remaining $2.5K. That's what 'nonrefundable' means.
That's correct! In general The expectation is - most of tesla purchasers would earn at least 60-70K per year to utilize the tax liability unless it is gift to someone. Also not more than 150k for single and 300k for joint filers.

Back to the topic.. Once you remove the hold. What timeframes have people received when they get their vin? I removed my hold yesterday and no vin yet not that I am complaining, just curious by the time the vin is assigned, how much time is the delivery date, is it a week or 3 days after the vin is assigned? I want to make sure I am prepared in advance.

When I removed my hold on 12/7, I got the text with the VIN about 24 hours later on 12/8. Delivered on 12/12.

Reactions: cdub
I removed my hold and selected a car from inventory. 3750+sales tax now or 7500 in a year and a half, and no guarantee the MY will qualify for the tax credit. So easy choice….
What is the value of the super charging?
Guessing 10k in supercharging is worth a few hundred bucks? Plus needs to be used within 2years, so consider whether you want to drive to a supercharger regularly rather than charge at home to “use up” the miles.

Tax incentive, sure. Especially for those who don’t qualify in 2023.

Though given where MY pricing sits and demand trends in a rapidly slowing economy, would be shocked if prices aren’t lower in a few months. Or at least a bigger end of q1 discount push. At least then there will be more clarity on all the hardware they’ve stripped from the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird
Reading this forum almost every day. Booked MYLR MSM, B/W in July, and put the order on hold in early December. Took hold off on Dec 6th. EDD Dec 12 to Dec 31, after that, the date changes every day. Today got vin assigned and EDD from Dec 21st to Dec 31st and a few minutes later received another text with a delivery schedule between Dec 18th to Dec 20th before I decided which day, another text came in Tesla automatically assign me Tuesday 20th for scheduled delivery. Now I am picking MYLR. Tesla does move fast :)