Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear is Dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Birds of a feather flock together

View attachment 75907

Our favourite most hated Aussie may be making a job offer

It is absolutely mind boggling to me how all of the people who defend Clarkson or complain that it was a mistake to fire him just publicly prove that they are morally bankrupt.
He assaulted another employee. I would never ever work for a company that would keep the employee that assaulted another because he was the more valuable asset.

Of course I would expect no less from Murdoch.

Agree..."financial gain / profit" is absolutely no justification for giving Clarkson "a pass" on his behavior in this issue...to even suggest such, one would be morally depleted ...

It is absolutely mind boggling to me how all of the people who defend Clarkson or complain that it was a mistake to fire him just publicly prove that they are morally bankrupt.
He assaulted another employee. I would never ever work for a company that would keep the employee that assaulted another because he was the more valuable asset.

Of course I would expect no less from Murdoch.

Apparently the BBC want to keep Top Gear going. Has anyone any suggestions about what the first car to review?:wink:

The first challenge is easy.. Coast to Coast race between a model S using Superchargers, an F150 run on a small fuel allowance and some kind of comedy car:smile:

I find it highly likely Top Gear will review the Model S in the first few episodes of the next season; it's low hanging fruit for a great segment on a product viewers are interested. Now that Clarkson is gone they don't need to keep up appearances with his roadster vendetta.

There are also reports that Eddie Jordan is joining Top Gear as a presenter. Yes, the former F1 chief.

He has done presenting work for BBC Sport before.

Interesting...I liked him on the F1 shows, and I guess now that C4 has taken over the rights he might no longer be needed. Can't imagine him being a full-time member though, he barely seemed to make it to half the F1 races....busy Monaco life!

The new line-up of 6 Top Gear presenters has been confirmed by Chris Evans

Formula One presenter and former team boss Eddie Jordan, and racing driver Sabine Schmitz will join Evans in hosting the show, along with previously-confirmed American actor Matt LeBlanc.
Also joining the show are motoring journalists Chris Harris and Rory Reid, while The Stig returns for his usual track driving duties.

Top Gear: Chris Evans reveals full presenter line-up

top_gear_lineup.jpg

Last edited:
The new line-up reflects that aim, and Evans has also made good on the BBC's desire to include a female presenter in the line-up, though was keen to stress that Schmitz has been chosen "not for the sake of it", but because of her credentials as a racer and car enthusiast.
Evans will be hoping the announcement will move the show forward after a series of problems were rumoured to have beset early filming.

I am most excited to see Sabine Schmitz in the lineup. She seemed to have a great personality on her segments on original TG.

In general, new TG might do well initially. There will be a bunch of people like myself that will tune in to see what it will be like. There is just no way they'll capture the playful odd mix of the Jeremy, James, and the Hamster. Top Gear has already tried to copy the three in various countries and never captured the magic that happened originally.

Last edited:
wonder what the cost of those 6 presenters are?

Looks like a mess to me, the old TG was tired for sure, but fitting 6 presenters into a one hour show including making room for Chris Evans ego looks like a few shows at most until some of them are shaken back out.
Might not be a bad strategy but smacks of desperation.
TG will survive but will never have the loyal fanbase of before imho.

Curious to see what a lunatic budget from amazon can do for the old trio, same old? or can they truly innovate again?