TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Toronto has charging issues...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Whisky, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Whisky

Whisky Member

Almost a year in, I did a quick summary of challenges of charging in Toronto:

Would love your input for Part II. It'll include Eaton Centre Supercharging, how one should never charge at Lawrence because damn it's busy, and changes to the laws that force condo boards to say yes to EV charging. I'm going through this process at the moment, so I'll have more input here. My condo board said "yeah, maybe, later" for the longest time, but the next meeting should be more interesting.

• Like x 2
  2. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

Isn’t the city undergoing a curbside Charging project?

3. SamT

SamT Member

How about supercharging at Markham, Vaughn or Etobicoke? you only need to supercharging once or twice a week, if you have a model S or X, it is free.

• Like x 1
  4. Whisky

Whisky Member

I don't think so.... I thought they were planning it, but I haven't heard much about it of late. I could be wrong! I quick google search didn't find anything fruitful. But yeah, that's a huge problem for all the houses that don't have parking spots.

5. Sisko - DS9

Sisko - DS9 Member

To give you a tip on a well hidden secret charger... there is a parking garage at 180 Wellington (North East corner of Simcoe and Wellington - enter off Simcoe and it is a one-way street. Right across from Roy Thomson Hall). if you are needing to park and charge. Daily rate is $16 (from 5am-7pm is considered daily) and it has two chargepoint chargers. the first two hours of charge is free and then after that every hour is $2. Hope that can help you in a pinch. Also on the weekends it is a $10 flat rate and that is the same for weekday evenings.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1