Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto has charging issues...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost a year in, I did a quick summary of challenges of charging in Toronto:

Would love your input for Part II. It'll include Eaton Centre Supercharging, how one should never charge at Lawrence because damn it's busy, and changes to the laws that force condo boards to say yes to EV charging. I'm going through this process at the moment, so I'll have more input here. My condo board said "yeah, maybe, later" for the longest time, but the next meeting should be more interesting.

Almost a year in, I did a quick summary of challenges of charging in Toronto:

Would love your input for Part II. It'll include Eaton Centre Supercharging, how one should never charge at Lawrence because damn it's busy, and changes to the laws that force condo boards to say yes to EV charging. I'm going through this process at the moment, so I'll have more input here. My condo board said "yeah, maybe, later" for the longest time, but the next meeting should be more interesting.

To give you a tip on a well hidden secret charger... there is a parking garage at 180 Wellington (North East corner of Simcoe and Wellington - enter off Simcoe and it is a one-way street. Right across from Roy Thomson Hall). if you are needing to park and charge. Daily rate is $16 (from 5am-7pm is considered daily) and it has two chargepoint chargers. the first two hours of charge is free and then after that every hour is $2. Hope that can help you in a pinch. Also on the weekends it is a $10 flat rate and that is the same for weekday evenings.