Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto to Montreal.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading out to Montreal shortly from Toronto. I will stop at Kingston as per usual, but I need to arrive in Montreal with about 30 - 35% SOC. I don’t like Cornwall, so from a driving / traffic etc perspective, any thoughts on whether I am better off stopping in Pointe Claire Supercharger or the Saint Laurent supercharger before heading to Montreal / Outremont?

Thx in advance

I charged Belleville then again in Pointe Claire at a nice mall when I went to Montreal a few weeks ago. At this time of the year it's pretty easy. Just go Autopilot at 115 tucked in behind a truck 1 follow distance and you'll average peanuts in consumption. I drive a Model S P90D, and had 3 passengers and a bunch of luggage and we made it pretty comfortably (around 8%)

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
Skip Kingston if you can. There can be a line up there as there are only 6 SC slots. One was broken last time when we needed it. Ended up trading phone numbers and having people text me when they got to charge.

Our group got nachos and drinks at Boston Pizza while waiting/charging.

Reactions: axar
I did the Montréal -> Toronto -> Montréal route last week in my SR+. On my way to Toronto, I stopped at Cornwall + Belleville and stopped at Kingston on the way back.

Simple FYI to SR+ owners : depending how fast your drive and where you're actually going in Montreal, you're better off stopping at Belleville + Cornwall in my opinion. I left Kingston charged between 95% and 100% (we stopped for lunch) and the car was showing arrival charge at 9% to my friend place (Rosemont), which would have left me at ± 2% once back home (Saint-Laurent). We stopped in Pointe-Claire to give an extra 5% boost just to be sure (multiple waypoint directly in the car would have been helpful here).

So if you drive faster than 115 kph, have to drive further from Montreal or if the weather is bad/colder, Belleville + Cornwall will avoid you the small Kingston supercharger (was lucky to get one open stall when we got there as someone was leaving) and won't necessary require more stop. If you can even do Kingston -> Pointe-Claire in winter anyway. The Cornwall 10 mins drive from the highway is not that bad. Tim Horton and other restaurant being across the boulevard is worst.