Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOU in Florida w FPL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install was completed mid day on December 31st. Things i learned since

1)The advance time of use setting will not be visible for 24 to 72 hours after install.. Also Time of use currently allows only for continues hours.. i can not setup 6am to 10am and then 6pm to 10pm to be peak.. for now, i have 6am to 10PM setup as peak,,,

2)If you have Solar, tesla powerwall will not charge via Grid.. incase of a few days of rain, the powerwall might not have enough to ride through the day, but it will not charge during off peak :(

3) My PW should produce enough for my house to use but charging the car needs to happen from the grid, in case i plug it in during peak load the battery discharges first

• Informative
Reactions: TheDom
1)The advance time of use setting will not be visible for 24 to 72 hours after install.. Also Time of use currently allows only for continues hours.. i can not setup 6am to 10am and then 6pm to 10pm to be peak.. for now, i have 6am to 10PM setup as peak,,,

That is probably not going to work as you expect. The PW doesn't charge from solar during the peak, and your peak is the entire time you have solar. You will need to make some of that time off-peak or shoulder so you can get charging from solar.

That is probably not going to work as you expect. The PW doesn't charge from solar during the peak, and your peak is the entire time you have solar. You will need to make some of that time off-peak or shoulder so you can get charging from solar.

Agreed, I'm in the same situation as thevaibhav, I have two peak periods also. I too have mine setup as one long peak period, but I had to use 3rd party automation tool (@Darwins "Tesla Power Manager" Smartthings app) to bump the reserve up to a higher level to force charging between the peak periods automatically during the day, while leaving it one long peak period as thevaibhav has done. Otherwise, I can't get enough charge back into the PWs between my utility peak periods to cover my utility peak periods from day to day during the week.

Would it make sense I set shoulder from 6am to 6Pm and then peak from 6pm to 10 Pm and off peak from 10pm to 6 am ?

or do I just cancel TOU and go back to flat rate !!