Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow bar mounted bike rack recommendations and using superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm looking to get a 3 or 4 bike tow bar mounted rack, but will need to be able to charge at super chargers with it fitted. I'd be grateful if people could let me know what they use and if the supercharger cables reach to charge when fitted. Any additional thoughts around your choice of carrier would be great.

Thank you

Ziggy

With two bikes, I can get usually get close enough, sometimes with the need for additional maneuvering. The great thing about the Küat NV Base is that if necessary, bikes come off quickly so you can fold up the rack and get closer to the charger. I REALLY like their new Piston Pro racks, but besides being even pricier than the already expensive NV, they are even heavier and would exceed the MY 160 pound tongue weight limit with two e-bikes mounted. The NV can be modified for four bikes, but you’ll never get close enough backing in. In the US, there is sometimes a charger at the end that is more parallel park along side it than back-in.

Last edited:
Thank you, will take a look. Would you say it was easily long enough, so would probably be OK with a 3rd bike, or only just reaches?
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking about reaching the charger. It seems if you were asking about whether the rack was long enough to hold three bikes. My Küat Rack is a tray rack that holds the bikes by their tires, unlike those racks with two arms extending out for frame mounting the bikes. With tray racks, each bike has a tray. Two come standard, and a two bike add-on is available. If you need to transport three bikes on an NV rack, you’ll need to get the add-on and have an empty tray.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking about reaching the charger. It seems if you were asking about whether the rack was long enough to hold three bikes. My Küat Rack is a tray rack that holds the bikes by their tires, unlike those racks with two arms extending out for frame mounting the bikes. With tray racks, each bike has a tray. Two come standard, and a two bike add-on is available. If you need to transport three bikes on an NV rack, you’ll need to get the add-on and have an empty tray.
No sorry you were correct first time 😀 I was asking if the charge cable reached easily. Thank you for all your comments.