Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow hitch option

BManCan

Sep 8, 2020
London, Canada
Does the tow hitch that comes with the y have a tow hitch electric connector?
Yes it does.
5DB4C021-B017-4FB1-A569-46E05725266D.jpeg

Stewart

Dec 22, 2020
Mill Creek, WA
Not sure what you mean by "electrical connector". Are you asking to about the 7 to flat 4 adaptor, if that's your question then yes? if your asking about the brake controller, that's a no. There is some information in the owners manual about the brake controller connection point, including changing the air pressure of the tires.

Flybuddy

Jul 12, 2020
Fort Myers FL
Not sure what you mean by "electrical connector". Are you asking to about the 7 to flat 4 adaptor, if that's your question then yes? if your asking about the brake controller, that's a no. There is some information in the owners manual about the brake controller connection point, including changing the air pressure of the tires.
As far as the tire pressure. If you have the stock 255/45/19, the door sticker calls for 42 psi front and rear.
The towing section of the owners manual calls for 42 psi also..No change.

MaxPowers

Nov 22, 2018
NW Pacific
I was thinking about the break lights and turn signals come on the trailer when I break. What's the brake controller used for? Is that so the breaks on a trailer would be applied when you are breaking?

Stewart

Dec 22, 2020
Mill Creek, WA
I was thinking about the break lights and turn signals come on the trailer when I break. What's the brake controller used for? Is that so the breaks on a trailer would be applied you are breaking?
Some trailers are equipped with electric braking system, but will require additional hardware in the car to control the amount of braking power to the trailer, depending on the weight in the trailer.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC