TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tow Mode adjust Trip Energy Prediction display/processing?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by scottf200, Nov 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#1 scottf200, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Seems like they need to verify/text the "Tow mode software package". I wonder if when you turn Tow Mode on that it adjust the Trip Energy Prediction display/processing?

I wonder if you will eventually be able to enter additional data and/or pick from pictures. i.e.
    a) Enter estimated weight of what is being towed
    b) Enter number of axles on trailer (tire friction)
    c) select a picture of the type of trailer (used to estimate frontal drag)

Image: http://i.imgur.com/X48EKGc.png

X48EKGc.png

2. fortytwo

fortytwo Member

That would be great. We are planning a long trip with our MX next summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Would also be great to have an option to display a backup camera of the trailer on the screen.

3. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I was assuming the software part of the package was mostly brake controlling to deal with regenerative braking (and friction braking) since after-market brake controllers probably won't play well with regen.

Having the car sense the extra load/drag and adjust it's expectants about consumption would be great. That would impact recommended routs and charging time/amount at Superchargers.

4. patrick42h

patrick42h Member

Has anybody who has taken delivery tried out Tow Mode or Trailer Mode yet? I am genuinely curious about what it does.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

The Model X configuration page said that trailer mode included software mods to deal with potential trailer sway.

6. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Yes, and since I opined that it included a brake controller we've learned that it doesn't. Oh well.