Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOW PACKAGE AVAILABLE ON SHOP. $1250

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
I just saw this

Attachments

• IMG_0586.PNG
    IMG_0586.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
Think Tesla will remove the ability to add this later like with the hepa filter? I'm sure they don't want to deal with any service work unless absolutely essential.
Good point, but this one, at least, is stated on the order page. I would hope it would be available later. HEPA appeared out of nowhere and now has disappeared. (We think; some reports say it's there in the system with no price.) But I do tell people don't expect the *pricing* for availability after sale to remain the same. What's on the order page is not a locked in contract for future sale.

And, yes, add-ons that are hardware you can definitely wonder about them disappearing since it's not just 'push the button to make it show up'. I, for one, will be getting everything I want on the car, just to be sure I actually get it! (The insanity of the main Trailer/Towing Package thread has taught me that much.)

I just ordered this online and plan to have it installed once it all makes it to Chicago - ordered the bike carrier accessory as well. Ouch, but both together was like $2000. I guess $1250 for the towing package isn't unreasonable and wanted to add it before it disappears from the store. I felt that I could see them stop offering the retrofit in time due to having too much to keep up, busy service centers after M3 release, etc.

Look forward to using it and having the capability to tow at least, which I'll use time to time in the future.

Reactions: MXWing
I just ordered this online and plan to have it installed once it all makes it to Chicago - ordered the bike carrier accessory as well. Ouch, but both together was like $2000. I guess $1250 for the towing package isn't unreasonable and wanted to add it before it disappears from the store. I felt that I could see them stop offering the retrofit in time due to having too much to keep up, busy service centers after M3 release, etc.

Look forward to using it and having the capability to tow at least, which I'll use time to time in the future.
I already have the accessory hitch but if I ever need to tow I will have them put software on. You'll be glad you got it. We use the bike rack all the time and are using it on our road trip from LA-Jackson, WY

Reactions: travwill