Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing motorcycle trailer with coil suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience towing a small motorcycle trailer with the coil suspension Model S? How bad does the hitch scrape on bumps?

Our truck is getting long in the tooth.. with current truck prices I think it would make a lot of sense to just get a small moto trailer instead. We race dirt bikes in the family so we'd be carrying 3 dirt bikes at once. Total weight only about 600lbs.

I've been towing my my coil suspension Tesla's since 2014 when the Eco Hitch was released. I've towed small utility trailers, and my camper cross country, including circulating the USA. I've not scraped the hitch on any bumps, including Chitcago's Speed Humps which are absolutely asinine.
The only time I potentially scrap the hitch is when entering or exiting a steep driveway or parking lot. If taken at a slight angle, never an issue.

I have been towing with my Tesla this past year. I have a tow truck, but when its unavailable the Tesla is my backup tow vehicle. The only place the hitch scrapes is on my driveway, and my S is lowered with links (air suspension) to start with.

PXL_20230324_005039053.jpg

PXL_20230707_230958314.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience towing a small motorcycle trailer with the coil suspension Model S? How bad does the hitch scrape on bumps?

Our truck is getting long in the tooth.. with current truck prices I think it would make a lot of sense to just get a small moto trailer instead. We race dirt bikes in the family so we'd be carrying 3 dirt bikes at once. Total weight only about 600lbs.