Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault: Is anyone else getting this error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started getting this warning on and off for the past few weeks, today its been on all day steady. I had read about a few posts about it being a bug in an update. Does anyone know if this is true?

2013 P85
19 "Stock rims
2019.40.2.340ef2d4d1432

The problem with the update is that they removed the "Reset TPMS" button for those of us who switch tires in the winter. I assume in SoCal you do not.

Most likely, you have TPMS battery(ies) going bad. You can take it to a regular tire store (or Tesla) and they can tell you if that is the case.

So the sensors have batteries?
One or more of your sensor needs to be replaced. Yes, TPMS have batteries that cannot be replaced. I just replaced one of mine. I have the same year car. Only Tesla can replace the TPMS (Gen 1). Requires the new TPMS to be programmed manually. The only other way is to clone the old TPMS. To replace all four is around $600.

Got it! So can they hook up to the car and tell which one is faulty? If so, can a ranger do this or only at service?
You have to bring it to service center. Also, don't expect to get the car back the same day. It took them three days for me. There are other options other than Tesla. But you have to do research. If your car is like mine. It can't relearn new TPMS. It has to be done manually. Again, either cloning or having a Tesla tool.

Last edited:
You have to bring it to service center. Also, don't expect to get the car back the same day. It took them three days for me. There are other options other than Tesla. But you have to do research. If your car is like mine. It can't relearn new TPMS. It has to be done manually. Again, either cloning or having a Tesla tool.
This is not entirely accurate (not doubting that it happened to the poster, but Tesla can and will reset them remotely).

My replacement TPMS were purchased and installed at Discount Tire for about $60 each. Tesla then remotely triggered the 'reset TPMS' function.

See here where I posted the process and here where I posted my service invoice. No charge.

Is this a TPMS Fault, I've check the pressure and they are all correct, the light will not go out even after a reset

Model S ludicrous
21"
IMG_0087.jpg