Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replaced the wheels for a set of signature rims on my M3P, I purchased a set of Tesla branded TPMS sensors and long story short they would not pair with the car, I replaced them with a set of aftermarket sensors from Amazon which were recommended somewhere on here and it was the same story so I had the TPMS taken from the original wheels and put into the new wheels....They still do not work.

I have reset them countless times and covered around 600 miles with the current OE parts, they are inflated to 42psi.

I read other people have a pretty easy time with these but the model S i had was the same and only fixed itself after an update, I am so sick of the error messages I am even considering accepting the nags to upgrade to v11 in the hope it will get rid of the message.

Any other ideas?

You didnt say what year Model 3P. You said you "purchased a set of tesla branded TPMS" but did you actually buy them from tesla, for your VIN? Cars after a certain date need bluetooth sensors, only available from tesla, and a specific one.

if you bought "tesla branded" sensors from someone but need the bluetooth ones because your car is one that needs those, you would have this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: You.