Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS One tire not registering - 2023 Model Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I recently swapped out my geminis for 21" Uberturbines, which all have sensors.

3 of them registered, and 1 of them did not. Another thing i realized is that the orientation is all off.

For instance, the front left wheel is registering as my back right.

It's been 2 days since the swap and I'm not sure what to do.

From what I'm reading, they should auto-learn after 20 mins of driving over 25mph. This is not the case.

Any feedback is appreciated.

The tpms does a re-calibration of the location and activation of the sensor when you update your wheels in the car's menu
So if you are now on the uberturbines in the wheel and tire settings go to gemini's. once done put them back to uberturbine and drive not to aggressive for a couple of miles. it will relearn the sensors and there position. If the position is not correct don't worry. it will do it by itself in the days after. I've changed I think 14 times and had this issue a couple of times

Last edited:
Good luck, there are other threads and folks complaining about TPMS registering in the wrong locations.
I had to reset the tire rotation interval several times before they all learned the correct locations.
Just swapped to my winters, and now they’re all wrong again even after trying to have them relearn twice now.
It’s crazy.

Just a FYI, when Tesla was chasing my vibration issue and rebalancing tires. They put wheels on in different locations - which is when I discovered the TPMS snafu.
They were insistent that doing the tire reset fixed things, but it didn't. They also said it relearns over time, which it doesn't. At first, they seemed to just be very dismissive of the whole situation, as if I was making things up.
I'm not sure what the secret is, but after several tire resets (done by me, not the SC) - it finally learned all the correct locations.

Are the the tires staggered on your ubertines? I guess I'm asking how you know they are in the wrong position. Maybe you can rotate them to match positioning till u figure it out.
I was able to identify they were in the wrong position when I was relying on the computer’s PSI readings to make sure all the tires were the same pressure. Went to go top one off, and another would be way over 42.