Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of anywhere I can get a single spare TPMS sensor for my Model 3?
I made the mistake of trying Amazon, and was confronted with a million ads for sensors with exceedingly dubious brand names which hinted that perhaps the key factors of reliability, accuracy, and longevity might not be up to OEM standards.

I could of course go to Tesla, but it’s quite a drive, if they’re even open at the moment.

Why can't your local garage (or rip-off tyre place) sort it for you? It's got to be fitted anyway..
Fitting isn’t the issue. My local tyre centre is so old school they’ve only just got the hang of wheels that don’t have wooden spikes. Even so, they’re more than capable of installing a sensor before mating a tyre to a wheel, what they may struggle with is having the right sensor in stock at the time I turn up.

Perfect. Ordered and on its way.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish

Attachments

• E32C0076-9792-4710-BABA-95F12AC09250.jpeg
    E32C0076-9792-4710-BABA-95F12AC09250.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 50
Tesla will deliver parts for you, just contact your local service centre
They do indeed. Just don’t ask them to deliver wheels! They come in barely protective cardboard box with a tiny sliver of foam to protect the rim (they’re laid flat).

Hopefully we all know how ‘careful’ your typical courier is when picking up and putting down or should I say dropping boxes on the ground. The sound of your brand new wheels as they hit concrete isn’t great and less so when you open the box and find a nice chink in the alloy....