Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode coming to all performance model 3s!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the smaller brakes of our P3d- is it even worth it? I wasn't planning on tracking mine, but a friend does autocross stuff (not dirt, just pavement) that I was considering

Sure it's worth it. You will have it, and if you ever want to upgrade the brakes, you can. There are great options that will work with 19s, and "better" options that will work under 18s.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
I was sad when Track mode was announced and it was suggested it would only come to the upgraded P3D's. It really made me want that package but I'd have to live with 20's and I couldn't swap them for smaller ( I now know you can get special 18's for the P3D+). I was also bummed that if I ever sold my P3D-, I'd have to concede it couldn't have track mode and possibly lose some buy interest.

If Elon gives us ALL track mode, It will totally redeem the fact that I could have had the "+" upgrade for the same price. I've already been granted unlimited SC.

lol... "Tesla Steve @sk2sno" is me. I was like holy sh*t he responded... Same here I was bummed when I found out it was only for P3D+... and I wanted Track Mode for Autocross, just did one yesterday 10/28. The car was great but needs stickier tires and less stability and traction control inhibiting. Im pretty happy we're getting "Track Mode" ... although it may end up being a "nutered" version of it :( we will see... He also said in the past they're developing an aftermarket kit to install the + upgrades to our P3D- at the service center. So maybe they will do that for free be of the $5k drop. Although that would really slow down service centers... So prob not... one can hope though