Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which cars \ exact models have more pack reserve? Do you have any references on this?
Chevrolet Volt first model had a 16kWh battery of which only 10.3kWh was available. Not a BEV though, a lowly PHEV.

There are quite a few sources, here is one on the E-tron that walls off 11.5 kwh from the battery pack for safety/deg margin. Tesla has a much smaller walled off % and let's users have more control over how they treat the battery (i.e letting us charge to 100% whereas 100% in a porsche/audi is really more like 90%)

Why No One Is Beating Tesla's Range

Reactions: afadeev
So driving in TrackMode is going to put wear and tear on the AC compressor I guess. Right?

I can't imagine that wear on the AC compressor in track mode would be significant in any way compared to the compressor's normal use in typical driving on the road. Reliability of these devices is typically very high too - especially if it is a sealed compressor (and I don't know this) as opposed to an ICE car's belt driven compressor.

Compare that to the wear on a set of tires during a track day. You can easily wear out a brand new set of tires in two days of hard track driving at a car club track event. Same for a set of brake pads.