TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Track rail/truck delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by fscar3333, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fscar3333

fscar3333 Member

Was able to see an invoice that my model 3 has been delivered via rail from SF port to JP Logistics (LA address), apparently a truck company specializing in luxury auto delivery. Problem is JP doesn't seem to offer tracking info and I'm waiting on this car to be shipped to Texas. They've had the car since Thursday, from there to TX say... 3 days?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Time to chill, find something to distract you.

3. ragrvs

ragrvs Member

My M3 left Fremont via rail 21 days ago and counting.

4. AJMac

AJMac Member

How did you see this invoice?

5. autospy

autospy Member

From past experience, it takes at least 2-3 weeks. Keep in mind that after your car left the factory it sits in a rail yard in Richmond, CA before getting loaded.

6. fscar3333

fscar3333 Member

Saw a link from another thread.. try united road website, you can search w/ VIN

7. Jmstx79

Jmstx79 Member

Are there any other ways to track rail shipments? I couldn’t find my VIN on the United Road website.