Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in appraisal delaying delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 performance on order and plan on trading in my old car.

I have completed everything in Tesla's online portal: Photos, insurance, drivers license upload. The portal shows the net trade-in credit as "pending".

I know what the payoff is on my old car, but Tesla's portal doesn't seem to allow me to provide that number anywhere.

Last night I received a text message from Tesla, warning me that I must complete the online items within 72 hours in order to avoid a delayed delivery.

This is incredibly frustrating as I HAVE completed everything I can in their portal.

Have anyone encountered this? How did you deal with it?

As of right now, it seems the path of least resistance will be to sell the trade-in elsewhere and simply remove that variable from the Tesla equation so to speak.

That’s where my page was stuck until I contacted my SA ( which I did not have at the time )

What I did , was go to the Tesla website, and found on their map the location of where I would be picking up my car, it lists the stores email. I sent an email with subject that I have not been assigned an SA and had questions

Very next time when I work up, I had a reply, that said they were getting me someone, that person replied , who cced a SA for me, who replied within an hour ( was crazy fast chain )

The person asked me for some paperwork and 3 hours My profile was complete including my trade in section

I’ve been having a similar issue. Mine has been pending for weeks. Partly my fault as I input the wrong lien holder (multiple banks with a similar name), and I am unable to change it. Multiple emails and phone calls have not helped. At this point I am going to just wait until (hopefully) someone realizes it’s not complete once I get assigned a delivery date.

I have completed everything in Tesla's online portal: Photos, insurance, drivers license upload. The portal shows the net trade-in credit as "pending".

I know what the payoff is on my old car, but Tesla's portal doesn't seem to allow me to provide that number anywhere.

Last night I received a text message from Tesla, warning me that I must complete the online items within 72 hours in order to avoid a delayed delivery.

This is incredibly frustrating as I HAVE completed everything I can in their portal.

As of right now, it seems the path of least resistance will be to sell the trade-in elsewhere and simply remove that variable from the Tesla equation so to speak.

I have had this same issue. Got that text message this morning and am working to get a hold of someone to get it resolved. Most frustrating thing is that I have had 2 people already look at my order and not see anything wrong.

Same exact thing going on with me. Trade has showed pending since I made my reservation on 11/29. My SA says they are having issues on Tesla’s end getting them pushed through. No idea what that means, as I’ve yet to hear from him for several days even after multiple emails / texts / phone calls from me. Super frustrating and I hope that doesn’t cause a delay in the delivery process. FWIW, I received a higher offer from CarMax on my trade, submitted the photo of the sheet to my SA in an email as he requested and he told me Tesla would match. Don’t know if that’s the hold-up or not.