Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in - payment query

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Ordered an inventory MY, PCP finance approved, currently waiting for trade in valuation. My question is how do Tesla pay for trade ins, is the value deducted from the order/finance, or do they transfer you the money?

Also, how do I find out the vehicle registration to provide to the insurance company?

Thanks.

It's deducted from the finance & they will directly pay off any remaining finance on your trade-in vehicle if there is any. I imagine they would pay any extra to you if you prefer to take cash for the trade-in, but others would know better than me on that front.

When getting insurance you would need to let the insurer know the make & model and that you don't have a registration yet as it's not yet registered. Tesla register the car with the DVLA on the day of collection, unless it's an ex-demo (which would already have the reg). I believe most insurance companies are quite used to this with new cars & will give a deadline to provide the registration. I think mine was 24 hours.

Upvote 0