Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in value changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my car on May 23rd through a showroom rep. She said Tesla offered 10,400 for my car. I shopped it around and decided I could live with that. It said 10,400 on my account page forever with pending because they were waiting for the payoff info. Today I got assigned a vin and a delivery date and this morning it still said 10,400 for the trade. Just checked again (because I can't help myself) and now the trade is down to 10,000 and still no pay-off info. I thought the trade in offer was good for 30 days? They haven't seen my car, so its not like they decided it wasn't worth it. Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to get it changed back to the original trade-in offer they gave you? It feels a bit like a bait and switch to me.

It happened to me when I finally put in the vehicle identification number of the car I was trading in. They said it was because of the automatic vs manual transmission (manual being worth less). Since I was working with the sales person, I called them and they were able to work it out for me (keep the original price). This was right before the end of Q2 so that might’ve played a factor

I did all that before with the vin and it dropped by $1000 from what they originally offered but this has been sitting there as final for 2 weeks and just changed. I will see if my sales person can get it back. Its only $400 bucks but that was literally the tax saving against selling it for low market value. Now I do not have enough time to sell it before delivery of my car or another payment coming due.