Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade Silver Arachnids for Black Arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got notice that my referral award set of silver arachnid staggered wheels, tires, sensors, etc will be available next Monday here in Los Angeles. The service center is giving me a hard time about taking them to have them powder-coated first, and only want to install them as they come.

I know it's a longshot, but I really prefer the black arachnid wheels for my black Model S. I was hoping there is someone out there who has black from an earlier referral, but prefers the silver for their Tesla,and is interested in trading black for silver - new with tires, etc. If that is of interest to anyone, please email me at [email protected]

They don't have to install them. Just pick them up and drop them off at a powdercoater and have the powdercoater make the swap. You can then call Tesla to have them update your car avatar to show the arachnids.

They don't have to install them. Just pick them up and drop them off at a powdercoater and have the powdercoater make the swap. You can then call Tesla to have them update your car avatar to show the arachnids.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I originally received a text notification for an installation appointment, and when I replied that I was going to pick up the wheels and have them painted, they responded that I could not do that - that the wheels / tires were already mounted, and that Tesla wouldn't be responsible for the powder coat finish. I answered that the wheels and tires are mine to do as I please, and that many folks have done what I was planning to do. I then drove to the service center and picked up the loose wheels, tires, sensors, and caps, and dropped them off to be coated. I own an automotive company, so I'll mount them myself...and then have Tesla reprogram the TPMS sensors and the vehicle avatar.

Reactions: Shiro