Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tradeoff of 2022 vs 2023 delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Wise folks of TMC,

I ordered a MYLR on 3/9/22. Finally got vin assigned a couple of days back (f575) and it looks like they automatically scheduled me for delivery for Sunday. I have a few questions that I was hoping you folks could help clarify:
- what is the ongoing financing rate from Tesla?
- tradeoff of taking delivery now vs trying to push it to 2023 (I won't qualify for tax credit)
- any way to reschedule delivery easily to a later date over the week? (I texted back but didn't hear anything yet)
- any way to request showroom pickup? (I live 5 min from Sunnyvale showroom)
- looks like it might not come with a charger as they gave a $200 credit? How do I go about charging the car until I get the charger delivery?

Best regards

Can't answer all but a couple thoughts...

If you aren't delaying for tax credit, are you just trying to delay till the model year is 2023 or are you trying to wait till Jan 1st 2023?
As far as I can tell reading delivery threads the 2022 you are scheduled to get will still have the ultrasonic sensors. Any 2023 car will almost certainly not have the USS. M3 is now 2023 and the latest deliveries don't have USS. Whenever MY goes to 2023 (probably by Nov or earlier) it won't have USS. Having a "2023" may help a bit with resale down the road (unless lack of USS is a massive failure...then the 2022 might hold value).
On the flip side, it seems they may have updated the cameras on the non-USS cars...but no one knows if that really means anything.

Order your mobile charger now...they ship fast (especially being in CA)...but for the few days without you will have to seek out a Supercharger or borrow a friend's MC if possible.

Reactions: invincible2010