Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No chance to trade this morning. Was going to buy puts on a bounce this AM, but it dropped like a rock right at open. So I just had to watch. If it bounces up to the 220 area I may buy next weeks puts. I think there is a greater than 50% chance that we test 190/200 fairly soon.

Would now need over a 7% gain tomorrow to hit the current max pain. Given a large 3% or something nasdaq macro rally, it’s possible I guess.

I’m bagholding ALB currently and got burnt bad from this latest trade with it. So much for my winnings playing its earnings.

I'm getting less and less scared of selling covered calls and spreads. It will work until it doesn't of course, and I'll probably break even on all the profitable trades I'm making now.
This is probably very true. But we are all degenerate gamblers.

I got into some 225 puts right at the top today for 2.15, but may have sold it prematurely for 3.00 near the end of the day. How was I supposed to know Wal-mart was going to sue Tesla. Ha, ha... Will tomorrow be a repeat of last Wednesday, only this time starting about 10 points lower? May have to get back into some puts tomorrow.

This is probably very true. But we are all degenerate gamblers.

I got into some 225 puts right at the top today for 2.15, but may have sold it prematurely for 3.00 near the end of the day. How was I supposed to know Wal-mart was going to sue Tesla. Ha, ha... Will tomorrow be a repeat of last Wednesday, only this time starting about 10 points lower? May have to get back into some puts tomorrow.
When there was a price cut some weeks back - everyone was sure the SP would go down - and I bought puts. Needless to say lost money on that trade ;)

Reactions: Antares Nebula
When there was a price cut some weeks back - everyone was sure the SP would go down - and I bought puts. Needless to say lost money on that trade ;)
I don't know what the TA was indicating then, but the TA now is pointing towards more downside (of course, it is still only probabilistic outcomes and nothing is definite).

If you're going to trade (not advised) you have to use both "news" and technicals (TA). Even though the house may win most of the time, if you're going to play Blackjack, you still wanna learn the rules.