Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for a dip, too.
IMO we will see a dip soon no matter what: either the rally won't continue into ER on the 23rd, or the rally will be ended by the conference call.

The hypothesis in which the stock price rallies into and after ER seems unlikely to me. I could be wrong, but then I still have my core holding.

The open, close, and high the day of the Q2 earnings drop was 259.17, 264.88, and 266.07, respectively.

Earlier in the week, it already hit 259.17, and so there was a partial gap fill. Today the high was 264.78, ten cents shy of the full gap fill with the respect to the above closing price. I'm going to consider this "good enough" and call it a full gap fill.

Since we have now filled the gap, as all the TA folks were calling for, it may now start to head back down.

However, many TA folks are also calling for further upside based on various chart patterns, like cup and handle, etc. Depending how you draw them, this could target anywhere from 280-340. Of course, there is a lot of supply above 260 that will require significant news or time to cut through. So kinda all depends on the earnings. Your guess is as good as mine. We could be at 300 or 220 after earnings. In these last few days up to earnings, it's also anybody's guess. But seven or eight days of green in a row, you figure that there's going to be a pull back sooner or later. Or not. GLTA.

Edit: Keep in mind that there are also many other gaps (that may or may not fill) above and below the current price.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I am selling 280 Calls for $4
and 240 Puts for $3.50
for next week (Oct25)

hoping both expire worthless
otherwise plan to roll them

Selling more puts than calls (50% more)
Past 9 ERs have produced more than $15 change - except Q4 '18. If the market reaction is negative I expect SP to be below $240. 280 looks safe (only in Q2 '18 it went up by $48.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627