Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Visualization suddenly not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.20.7 on my M3LR and I have all this happening. No autopilot, no sos, no emergency braking, all visualization of automobiles, pedestrians and lights are gone. Sentry has been off for 24 hours and I've done the power off and reset tricks with zero change.

2022.20.7 on my M3LR and I have all this happening. No autopilot, no sos, no emergency braking, all visualization of automobiles, pedestrians and lights are gone. Sentry has been off for 24 hours and I've done the power off and reset tricks with zero change.
I had this same issue on 2022.20.6.
I scheduled an appointment with Tesla. They reach out and told me to do a reset. The scroll wheel reset fixed the issue.

Attachments

• DBED2BAA-9DB3-401B-9817-D76B0163237A.jpeg
    DBED2BAA-9DB3-401B-9817-D76B0163237A.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 205
Mine stopped in March. Took it in for service and they said I had to upgrade the FSD computer from AP 2.5 to AP3.0. $1000 later and all that got me was a new button in autopilot after a firmware update. Took it back and they identified a faulty camera and replaced it (for $350). $1350 later I told to get the “surround view” (really traffic visualization) back I would need to get a $200 per month autopilot subscription ($2400 annually) to regain surround view—yet after viewing the autopilot upgrades (additional $3000, then $6000) none of those even lists traffic visualization.

I just want the display to show what it showed from Fall 2018-March 2022 because now my head has to be on a swivel and I’m out $1350

I am having similar issues +
No traffic visualization. But I can see signals, cones, lanes.
AP and Cruise stopped working keep getting an error that its temp. unavailable.
One other thing that I notice is a fan noise coming from behind the glove box (AP FSD) fan seems to keep turning off and on all the times.

Did reboot and powered off with USB removed for the night, still same issue.

Have service scheduled for tomorrow guess will find out more soon.

Model X - on 2022.44.25.2

I am having similar issues +
No traffic visualization. But I can see signals, cones, lanes.
AP and Cruise stopped working keep getting an error that its temp. unavailable.
One other thing that I notice is a fan noise coming from behind the glove box (AP FSD) fan seems to keep turning off and on all the times.

Did reboot and powered off with USB removed for the night, still same issue.

Have service scheduled for tomorrow guess will find out more soon.

Model X - on 2022.44.25.2

A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It turns out that the fix was incredibly simple. Even though I cleaned the front camera, I noticed that there was some sort of film or condensation INSIDE the clear plastic cover over the front camera. I called Tesla mobile service. They came out, cleaned the inside of the cover and that fixed it. Now my visualizations are back and the Enhanced Autopilot is working with no problems.

So check the cover over the camera to see if there is any such film that needs to be cleaned.

I spoke to Tesla support and they said it is a software issue with the latest build and next build should fix it. Lesson learned. Wait on installing new builds. Has Tesla heard of software testing?
Ugh. Don't get me started. They have achieved great things with the software from a UI standpoint, but the way they distribute software is just an absolute s h i t show.

A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It turns out that the fix was incredibly simple. Even though I cleaned the front camera, I noticed that there was some sort of film or condensation INSIDE the clear plastic cover over the front camera. I called Tesla mobile service. They came out, cleaned the inside of the cover and that fixed it. Now my visualizations are back and the Enhanced Autopilot is working with no problems.

So check the cover over the camera to see if there is any such film that needs to be cleaned.
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, that was something that I had looked for also initially thinking that something might be blocking it but was in the clear.
One of the thing that was occurring for me that was different than anything else everyone else were reporting was the fan noise that kept on coming all the time. So it turns out it was the FSD computer that needed to be replaced. Was told by the tech that diagnosed it that it kept on going in a loop for some reason. they weren't sure what could have caused it. Since the car was out of warranty had to come up with around $1900. (SMH) $1500 was only the FSD and other diagnosis and labor charges and tax.

According to Musk on the FSD computer release video, he stated that this part would rarely have issues with failing ( I guess thats not true in my case.) hopefully this doesn't occur again as I only have a 1 year warranty on this :(

So this week my Model 3 went in for PCS unit replacement. The day I get it back, my autopilot/cruise don't work. traffic visualizations not working. Software version 2023.27.7. Scroll wheel reboot doesn't seem to do anything.

Never had this issue before I picked it up from service.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
So this week my Model 3 went in for PCS unit replacement. The day I get it back, my autopilot/cruise don't work. traffic visualizations not working. Software version 2023.27.7. Scroll wheel reboot doesn't seem to do anything.

Never had this issue before I picked it up from service.
As mentioned above, be sure to check the INSIDE of the clear plastic casing over the front camera. Look at it from different angels in bright light and see if there is any condensation or film inside the camera. This could be causing the problem. If so, you just need to have the INSIDE of the cover cleaned.