Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailer pulled down power cable line and it hit my tesla vehicle causing damaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was watching the trailer do a U-Turn. It completed the U-turn but began to pull the power line as it went forward. I didnt see this until I was close to the trailer. He kept going until he broke the power line and it hit my vehicle. The 13000 voltage cable hit my vehicle and a BMW behind me. The trailer kept going and pulled down the actual light pole/post.

B92D552E-F756-4B23-AE0C-41FFBF6C4242.png
9993EF23-E512-4BC2-A894-6AE51D20DA16.png
0DBB7D4C-9660-4C6D-85EB-805594E3C5CB.png
632B667E-B121-4980-A956-F28AB3A1288A.png
ulled

Did it charge the car?

Is that A piller bent? I am surprised if so and there wasn't more damage to the side view mirror. I bet most of that will buff out okay, except the A piller of course.

Waiting for the headline: "Tesla damaged by charging infrastructure, gas truck saves the day by pulling off high voltage cable avoiding electrocution."
I was shocked that my car didnt suffer that much damage. the car behind wasnt as fortunate. His windows got knocked out and suffered burn damages on his BMW

• Informative
Reactions: dduffey
That A pillar bend or twist can mean bad things for your car. Front and side glass seems intact so hopefully just mostly superficial.

I was shocked that my car didnt suffer that much damage. the car behind wasnt as fortunate. His windows got knocked out and suffered burn damages on his BMW

Is that A piller bent? I am surprised if so and there wasn't more damage to the side view mirror. I bet most of that will buff out okay, except the A piller of course.

Waiting for the headline: "Tesla damaged by charging infrastructure, gas truck saves the day by pulling off high voltage cable avoiding electrocution."

Naaa, that is just normal Tesla panel alignment...

Keith