Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Train broke down - delivery delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MYP in Tampa yesterday afternoon. The delivery experience was subpar but that's another story. Regarding logistics, my original delivery appointment of 3/17 was pushed back to 3/23 despite the car arriving in Jacksonville on 3/13. The car sat in a parking lot near the rail station until 3/21 when it was transported to Tampa. Hope you all get yours as scheduled.
Read your delivery story in the other thread. Unbelievable.

They say my car is in Jacksonville now but no explanation on the delays.

Just gotta get through it I guess. Enjoy your car!

Read your delivery story in the other thread. Unbelievable.

They say my car is in Jacksonville now but no explanation on the delays.

Just gotta get through it I guess. Enjoy your car!
Thanks for your sympathy. I meant to come back and link the delivery story here for others taking delivery in Tampa. Delivery story

I will probably post a thread for advice on following up on service issues. Not trying to further put the service center on blast, just trying to focus on the next steps to get the cosmetic stuff addressed.

Regarding your delivery, the good news is the car is in the state and they'll want to deliver them all before March 31. So your odds are good in my opinion.

Reactions: daniel b
I picked up a MYLR order for my wife from the "Existing Inventory" link. I originally ordered a MYAWD and after waiting over a month I changed it to a MYLR and picked up the LR in Orlando on 3/16. Then 3 days later with 118 miles on it, it died on a Sunday in rural central florida and needed to be towed almost 2 hours to WPB, the nearest service center. I just picked it back up today. It was a loose connection on the steering module. It drove home fine today.

Actually I am not upset. I ordered a Ford F-450 December 2, 2021 and Ford never built it. It rolled into a 2023 model year order and as of today it still is not scheduled to be built.

Any followups on Florida deliveries?

My MYP was supposed to be delivered 3/23 in Ft Myers. On the 20th, it was rescheduled to 3/25 due to a "slight transit delay". Today, 24 hours before delivery, they just texted a reschedule to 3/29, again citing a "slight transit delay".

How is it the visibility into the logistics network is so poor?
I too will be getting my 2023 M3 LR from the Fort Myers location. Just got my VIN last night. How has that location been to work with? Any tips based on your experience? Thanks.