Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 2/3
White/Black MYP
NY/NJ area
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2: 3/4-3/31
Text to expect VIN soon: 2/28
EDD3: 3/15-3/29
VIN assigned: 3/8, I got PF709
EDD4: 3/22-3/29
EDD5: 3/26-3/31
3/24 I got text/email to schedule pick up on 3/28

Car was obviously built week of 3/8. Taking 2.5-3 weeks to ship the car to Service Center is pathetic. Whoever is in charge of logistics should be fired and left on the street without a job.

How was your delivery?
Thanks for asking. It was actually subpar so I'm going to rant a bit. But we got the car which is awesome!

Car arrived at Tampa service center on 3/21 and our appointment was 3/23 at 3pm which they told us was plenty of time for prep. We were excited heading over and got a text at 2:50pm while driving saying our car was almost ready. Arrived at 3pm but didn't see the car parked in front. Went inside and they said someone was getting it. We saw others come and go with no word on ours so after 30 minutes I inquired if something was wrong - they said the car didn't come with the key cards and it was over in service getting them programmed and should be there any minute. They didn't pull the car around until 4:15pm and we were told to inspect the exterior before accepting delivery.

Right away we spotted a paint defect on the passenger rear quarter panel which looked like a run in the paint. Kind of hard to see in photos (attached) but finding that made us go over the car much closer than planned. There were some small scratches on plastic pieces including one of the side cameras and a couple of hairline clear coat scratches. We also noticed the car was somewhat dirty in several places. It appears they wash these in a parking deck so the lighting must be bad. Went back to talk to SA about what we found and they said they would take back to detail and all these would be fixed. We waited another 30 minutes and they brought the car back around 5:30 and we were told to check it over again.

Well it was a quick recheck because they didn't address most of the items. I told the SA and he said that the detail crew leaves before 5pm so there wasn't anyone there who could do more. He had left the car unlocked so we could check the interior before accepting. Thankfully the interior was in good order but it didn't appear well vacuumed or wiped down with smudges perhaps from service. Wish they would have detailed it after the service visit before the detail crew left.

We went over all the items with the SA who said they would all be fixed - just accept and enter a service ticket. I knew I could take the car to a detailer and get all these addressed except maybe for the paint defect. The SA said they would either use a body shop to fix or replace the panel. We decided to accept rather than reject hoping they'd be able to adequately address the paint defect (we had another car 10 years ago with a paint run on the bumper that the dealer was able to fix without replacing). We made a list with photos of all the items we noticed (attached but the photos from the app don't show up, also ignore the item about slits in the door seals, those are normal), went over the list with the SA and submitted the service ticket. We were done at 7:15 - more than four hours after our scheduled appointment. My wife left and I stayed since the SA said they would charge the car for us (was only at 50% SOC) and vacuum it. I drove it home at 8pm. So I was too tired to do any joy riding yesterday, but we hope to get it out this weekend.

Hope you have a better experience than we did. If I could go back, I would have made an earlier appointment time so there would have been time for the detail crew to address the issues and clean it up better.

Attachments

• IMG_20230323_163700734_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230323_163700734_HDR.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20230323_163700734_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230323_163700734_HDR~2.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: daniel b and TPAMYP
So does anyone know if I actually need license to pickup? I’m stuck out of state and my older brother will be passing by who I can give my license to so he can go and accept the car and drive it away for me. Does anyone think this is possible? From what I’ve seen it’s all remote from the car itself other than signing 3 registration papers and just handing them over.

So does anyone know if I actually need license to pickup? I’m stuck out of state and my older brother will be passing by who I can give my license to so he can go and accept the car and drive it away for me. Does anyone think this is possible? From what I’ve seen it’s all remote from the car itself other than signing 3 registration papers and just handing them over.
Sus...

picked up my MYP today. I did find a couple of nicks in the paint. Am I supposed to just schedule this in the service portion of the app and they’d fix this at no cost?
Yes, after you accept the car, then you can make a service request in the app. I had one SA tell me to do that onsite after accepting but before leaving so the time and location would prove that it came that way. I had another tell me I had 100 miles to report issues for service in the app. Honestly I don't know who to believe so just make your service request ASAP.

Thanks for asking. It was actually subpar so I'm going to rant a bit. But we got the car which is awesome!

Car arrived at Tampa service center on 3/21 and our appointment was 3/23 at 3pm which they told us was plenty of time for prep. We were excited heading over and got a text at 2:50pm while driving saying our car was almost ready. Arrived at 3pm but didn't see the car parked in front. Went inside and they said someone was getting it. We saw others come and go with no word on ours so after 30 minutes I inquired if something was wrong - they said the car didn't come with the key cards and it was over in service getting them programmed and should be there any minute. They didn't pull the car around until 4:15pm and we were told to inspect the exterior before accepting delivery.

Right away we spotted a paint defect on the passenger rear quarter panel which looked like a run in the paint. Kind of hard to see in photos (attached) but finding that made us go over the car much closer than planned. There were some small scratches on plastic pieces including one of the side cameras and a couple of hairline clear coat scratches. We also noticed the car was somewhat dirty in several places. It appears they wash these in a parking deck so the lighting must be bad. Went back to talk to SA about what we found and they said they would take back to detail and all these would be fixed. We waited another 30 minutes and they brought the car back around 5:30 and we were told to check it over again.

Well it was a quick recheck because they didn't address most of the items. I told the SA and he said that the detail crew leaves before 5pm so there wasn't anyone there who could do more. He had left the car unlocked so we could check the interior before accepting. Thankfully the interior was in good order but it didn't appear well vacuumed or wiped down with smudges perhaps from service. Wish they would have detailed it after the service visit before the detail crew left.

We went over all the items with the SA who said they would all be fixed - just accept and enter a service ticket. I knew I could take the car to a detailer and get all these addressed except maybe for the paint defect. The SA said they would either use a body shop to fix or replace the panel. We decided to accept rather than reject hoping they'd be able to adequately address the paint defect (we had another car 10 years ago with a paint run on the bumper that the dealer was able to fix without replacing). We made a list with photos of all the items we noticed (attached but the photos from the app don't show up, also ignore the item about slits in the door seals, those are normal), went over the list with the SA and submitted the service ticket. We were done at 7:15 - more than four hours after our scheduled appointment. My wife left and I stayed since the SA said they would charge the car for us (was only at 50% SOC) and vacuum it. I drove it home at 8pm. So I was too tired to do any joy riding yesterday, but we hope to get it out this weekend.

Hope you have a better experience than we did. If I could go back, I would have made an earlier appointment time so there would have been time for the detail crew to address the issues and clean it up better.
Picked up mine on 3/22. It was perfect. The forum can sometimes make you worried but it lets you know what to look for. I was completely satisfied and still am up to now. Put a little over 100 miles on it.. crazy fast. Installed super charger and it works great.

I wanted to let everyone on this forum know that you can have a good experience and get a great car even though some of the experiences on this form show otherwise. I had a trade in and just said I wanna inspect the car prior to excepting the car . They turned the air conditioner on and said have fun. I looked the car over very carefully as many of the forum members have told us about certain items. It was in perfect shape. There was absolutely nothing that needed to be adjusted or fixed. No scratches ,no paint runs ,body panels matched. We went back, signed the papers and we're on our way in less than one hour. I've never had a car purchase go to smoothly. Hopefully your delivery will go this way also. Have fun with your new Tesla.

I wanted to let everyone on this forum know that you can have a good experience and get a great car even though some of the experiences on this form show otherwise. I had a trade in and just said I wanna inspect the car prior to excepting the car . They turned the air conditioner on and said have fun. I looked the car over very carefully as many of the forum members have told us about certain items. It was in perfect shape. There was absolutely nothing that needed to be adjusted or fixed. No scratches ,no paint runs ,body panels matched. We went back, signed the papers and we're on our way in less than one hour. I've never had a car purchase go to smoothly. Hopefully your delivery will go this way also. Have fun with your new Tesla.

Quick question, how did the trade in go? Did they inspect your car? How much of an inspection did they do?

Trying to see if I could keep my high end wheels and put the stock back on when I go trade it in.

Appreciate your perspective especially after reading some of the other delivery experiences. I take it you were at the Ft Myers SC? My delivery is currently scheduled there on 3/29. Sure hope it goes as smooth as yours! 👍🙏

Reactions: stevemcb