Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring plates without a trade in (Florida)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to transfer a plate not part of a trade-in? I want to bring in a plate from a car I sold to Vroom but there is some evidence on here that Tesla doesn't transfer plates anymore unless there's a trade in. Is that true??

EDIT: All is good. I sent them a picture of the plate and it was entered into their system. They will attach to Y before I drive off. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
Has anyone tried to transfer a plate not part of a trade-in? I want to bring in a plate from a car I sold to Vroom but there is some evidence on here that Tesla doesn't transfer plates anymore unless there's a trade in. Is that true??

EDIT: All is good. I sent them a picture of the plate and it was entered into their system. They will attach to Y before I drive off. 👍
How/where did you send the photo of your existing plate? I’m in the same situation, about to take delivery in Jax and have a plate from a recently sold vehicle that I want to re-use to avoid $225 new tag registration fee.

How/where did you send the photo of your existing plate? I’m in the same situation, about to take delivery in Jax and have a plate from a recently sold vehicle that I want to re-use to avoid $225 new tag registration fee.
I transferred a tag from another car and all I did was text the number that I was receiving texts from telling
them the tag number, and that I want to transfer my tag to my new Tesla. No problem.